TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright pull your minds out of the gutter :D what do you all recommend for pumpkin oil? i've got a track lok and 4.10's in my pumpkin, had conventional oil plus limited slip modifier in it. i'm swapping the pumpkin to a differant car so I figured it's a good time for fresh oil. also how much do I need.

Thanks,
David

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
The Ford service manual specifies this lube http://www.sarad.com/productinfo.aspx?p=238330 with the friction modifier.

I'd probably use the Valvoline 85W90 with the friction modifier built in. That, or Royal Purple. If Dirtyd0g pipes up with a better choice, use his recommendation instead.

As to "how much", from bone dry the trac lok diffs use 1.5 litres, 3.25 pints, not quite 2 quarts.

I'd buy two quarts, and fill to the proper level.

RwP

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Our experience has been if you can't get some lube with the modifier already included (a lot do), then GM modifier has worked best; use as little as possible (of the modifier, make sure you put the correct amount of oil in the pumpkin).

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
For break in use 2 bottles of ford friction modifier and 2 quarts of cheap 75-80w90. Once broke in use the motorcraft 75w140 gear oil.
Alan

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
Which royal purple they don't make 85 90
If they don't, then don't use it.

I'm running Valvoline because a) it's not that much and b) it includes the friction modifier. And I have a pinion seal leak.

RwP

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Which royal purple they don't make 85 90
That's because Royal Purple is synthetic, 85w90 is not. I think the RP bottle says 75w90 on it. Synthetics are always wider weight range because of the superior properties to natural oils.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts