TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ohio TCCoA
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking of swap out to one of these 2001 complete PI engines. 1 I was wondering though if I could in anyway use the Mustang returnless fuel system since I will have their intake with their egr and all the fun stuff. If I can do that, will there have to be something changed in the computer programing? 2 Also if I could anyway keep the coil on plug setup used on these. 3 Is there any other parts that I should get before I do the swap these motors seem to come with everything? Yeah I have read a some on this and I know most everyone has said to use the birds coil packs and fuel rails but I was wanting to know why it cant be converted over.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
There is no reason it can't be, but it's not worth it. from a performance stand point, a returnless system is not as good, and our stock ignition is great...not worth the time effort and money to go with the COP system.

While the engine is out, it would be pretty easy to install a TC...a Mark 8 unit or perhaps a PI stallion? Underdrives would be asy too.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Well, it looks like he's got the Mark 8 unit sittin around, just needs installation. And installing a TC with the motor out is a charm. Just crawl into the engine bay, sit on the K-Member (watch out for motor mounts stabbin yer butt) and just slip it on the tranny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts