TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My head gaskets just popped. Not bad for 190,000 miles on the stock ones. But I would like some suggestions for a shop in Las Cruces, NM that won't treat my baby like a chevy caviler. Anyone?

I would normally go to Tony's Automotive in Albuquerque (a great SC guy) but since the head gaskets are totally gone (blowing steam out the tailpipe) I need someone I can trust down here. I don't have the time to do the work myself unfortunately. And need the car back asap (it's my daily driver). Please any suggestions?

Rich M

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Yes listen to CougarSC, he knows what he's talking about.

Isn't there a list of SC knowledgable/friendly mechanics/shops floating around somewhere?

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
if you come to El Paso my dad and I will do the work for you at a good price :) My father is a very good and known mechanic here

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mn12xr7 said:
if you come to El Paso my dad and I will do the work for you at a good price :) My father is a very good and known mechanic here
Got the motor out with help from Kurt Sunday. And it is now at Keith Mauldin's shop for a rebuild. Hopefully I can have it back in the car in a month or so.

Thanks for the offer.

Keith has a good reputation with the drag racers and "roundy round" guys here in Cruces, so I'm confident that the long block will go together right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts