TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldnt find out how to clean my MAF. Also what is an iac and how do i clean that? I heard those two things can become dirty and hurt an engines performance... All the help i could get would be very appriciated.

Thanks
Dustin

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
your MAF sensor is right behind the airbox....it has a 4-wire plug and is held onto it's housing with two T-20 tamperproof Torx screws.....take the screws out and unplug the 4-wire harness from it, and just carefully pull it out of the housing, because the maf wires are very small and thin

i use electrical parts cleaner and very gently scrub the wires with a Q-tip......i pull the cotton a bit from the tip and soak it down and use that........if this is the first time the maf has been cleaned you will most likely see the crud come off it right away

as for the IAC, i don't have a 94-95, so i'll let someone else chime on on that

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Gee dave , i'm sorry, but youre wrong,, the grey thing inna air box is an IATS, or intake air temp. sensor... The IAC (Idle Air Controller) on a '95 is waaay back behind the gooseneck and down. Its a chrome cylinder about two inches long with a wiring connector on the exposed end, and not the easiest thing to get at.. I wouldnt mess with it without reason, and ford says just replace them... as for cleaning the MAF sensor, that Q-tip is like a canoe paddle.... just spray on a non oil bearing contact cleaner, or carb cleaner... blow dry with computer compressed air, and if you just cant resist touching those tiny ,little, fragile bobbins use a really fine tip artists brush, preferably sable as thats softer, but gently.... good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts