TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help guys, i have stock gears in my car and at 60mph i am at 2000rpm. what i have been told that is to high, i dont know if my O/D is working right. there is no light that turns on so at 9 im going to the parts store and getting a bulb for the light. im going to try that. is there an adjustment or somin that i need to do. any ideas im stumped.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just got done replacing the bulb. the off O/D light doesnt come on when i drive it i cant get it to go out of O/D. us there any adjustment i can do.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Ya at 65 70 you should be at around or over 2000 rpms

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o really someone told me at 60 i should be at 1400rpm, im havin a problem of not being able to get out of overdrive. i checked the swith just now and i have no connection when i push the buttom. whats your guys opinion.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I thought it doesn't hurt your car to stay in overdrive. because personally I just stay in o/d

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but still i want to be able to take it out of O/D when i race.
i was wondering if anyone ever heard of that O/D swith going bad.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Take your shift knob off. There is a clip which needs to be pulled out - then pull up on the knob. You should see the OD connector, it will be a white plasitc bar with 2 wires. Touch the 2 contacts together with a screwdriver or something to see if the OD light will turn on.

-Andrey

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks once again guys, i took my shifter boot off and there was tons of grease in there. i wiped the conection clean and it works. lol 5h of work for somthing that easy. but ya thanks once again.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
in the front of the shifter itself, there should be a little slit in the leather, there is a plastic clip in there that needs to come out and then lift straight up on the leather knob

·
Registered
332 Posts
could i turn that o/d button into a switch and mount it somewhere else?? i was thinking right next to the trunk release button. good idea you think? i know it's not neccessary but ii could do it anywayz.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes you can, all you need is a momentary switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts