TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some info on how to change the five digit password number on my car can someone tell me how to :confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried it but it does not want to take the new code do i have to enter the current code and press and hold the 1/2 for 5 seconds or do i have to wait within 5 seconds then enter the new one ???????

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
You can't change the code, you can only add a personal code.

After entering in your permanent code, you cannot let more than 5 seconds pass between key presses, and 1/2 is what sets it up to accept an additional code.

I can't find my 93 service CD, this is from the 92 CD.

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
Both codes will be usable.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You can't ever change the factory set code. You can program your own code, however. Then you'll be able to use either of them to open the car.

Dennis

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how about if the previous owner changed it and did not give me the org. code to it can i still change it ????

·
Super Moderator
16,822 Posts
If you want to find the original code, look at the trunk hinge. If the sticker is gone pull out the module from under the plastic cover, the factory code is printed on that too.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
nah matt looked under the trunk nothing, the module from under the plastic cover where can i find that? does my car has keyless remote entry cause it says it in the back i just dont have the remote if not im thinking of putting one soon

·
Super Moderator
16,822 Posts
Pull the driver side trunk carpet down and look for the plastic box. The box held to the body with 2 push pins, once you pull the pins the cover will come off exposing the module. The code is on the sticker.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts