TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with my suspension. My car has the original stock suspension from 93. The front end sits about 2" higher than the rear and needs to come down. When I get on it the car goes everywhere and I get a bad wheel hop. If I replace it with OEM parts will that even handle my hp? If not, who can I get aftermarket parts through?

·
Registered
557 Posts
For the wheel hop, get ahold of DLF (his screen name). Awesome guy to deal with.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
2" higher in the front on stock suspension. I would think you have spring problems also.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
2" higher in the front on stock suspension. I would think you have spring problems also.
Or too may people in the trunk :)

Something is not right, that's just not normal.

·
Registered
570 Posts
After looking at your pics, my first question is what springs do you have in the car? The front looks fairly close to stock, but the rears look to have sagged badly or broken. Might be time to invest in some H&R's.

And yes, I can help you get rid of the wheel hop issue.....

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Yes, those shocks will work in the rear, but shocks have little/nothing to do with height. Springs control height. Shocks control spring movement.

However, I wont say all shocks have no control over height because a shock can control height if they are air ride assist or if the spring is over loaded and the shock becomes the travel limiting device like I've seen on some f150's that were improperly lifted and broke their front shocks. In the MN12 application as per the usual, shocks do not control the height.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts