Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some unbiased opinions from non mustang guys.

so i currently have my roush kit in posession. my original thought was to just paint the kit black and slap it on the car, and be done. then i get quotes, and all of them are around 500$ for just the kit to be prepped and painted the ford paint code. then while asking the best shop what it would cost for a eleanor scheme, he said to expect nothing less than 2k, that includes prepping the whole car, jambs and engine bay, painting it either mineral grey or pepper silver(the true eleanor silver color) with the black stripes and a independent clear coat layer, and all the post prep that comes afterwards to make it a truly badass paint job.

so what are your thoughts. should i leave the car black and keep that clean chrome on black scheme(i was gonna get chrome bullits in a month or two), or should i go all out and create one of my dream cars out of a 02 mustang, and turn it into a eleanor schemed 02 GT?

oh, along with the eleanor scheme would come the rear 1/4 window louvers(with the scoops in them), and the large twin fogs in the front opening, with the billet grille going around it(which i have for the roush kit already, it would just be modified to fit around the fogs), and some GT500 cloned rims with the mustang bolt pattern.

what would you do if you were at this point?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Go With The Eleanor !!!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

heres what my eleanor(codename: Feleanor) would almost look like. the above one looks like it was very half assed. the rims stick out from the fenders, the stripes are too far apart and are a vinyl, and he only used the front roush kit, and not the whole shibbang to finish the look, the real eleanor the exhaust comes through the side skirts, much like the roush does, not just under the body. and those rear window scoops cost 500 for a pair. so this **** aint gonna be cheap, but more than likely, would win car shows if i do it right, unlike the above.

or heres what the black on black scheme will look like

now when i first got my stang, i saw the one pictured above when i was cruising down in san diego. i said "my god, that is beautiful". a week later the same guy registered at one of the other sites im at, and thus i found out more info on his car. couple things i dont like about his. he uses wheel spacers AND deep dishes in the rear, and he has the silver stripes, which i think take away from the chrome and black look. other than that, i love it.

im still waiting for my Saleen S218 wing to come in. i dont like the roush wing, makes the *** look very high strung. plus if i go with the feleanor scheme, itll look more like the lip spoiler they have on the gt500 rear, as opposed to a regular spoiler. i have till next friday to decide either way, which by next friday ill know if i have my new job or not. if i get it(pays double what i make now) the eleanor scheme is laid in stone. but then again, if i dont go that route, thats more money to get nitrous and other mods to back up the insanely good looks of either setup. big decisions i must make on the future of this car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I say, if you don't have a money problem with doing your dream, ie Eleanor, then go for it! When I saw the 05 Stang, I knew I would own one. I got an 06 GT, Tungsten Gray with black stripes, as close to Eleanor as I could get for what I wanted to spend right now.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, i believe ford made the 05 retro just so they could see hundreds of eleanor 05's on the road.

though thats sexier than hell, if i had a 05, yeah. it would be a no brainer. i wouldnt mind seeing a few of those around town, it would make my 02 eleanor special, cause they dont make a eleanor kit for a 02, and mine would be ultra rare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts