TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i need some help on doing the jmod to my 95 merc cougar w/ 4.6 i have no clue in mechinical areas but i do know i want to do this and im asking for anyones help who is here around the dayton Ohio area that has done the jmod on their tranny. :bowdown: Please help me tell me what i need and what to do and possibvly help me in the process :confused:
Thanks
Ken

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
heh maybe we should have a day where a group of us do a couple j-mods

I think you're the 3rd person to ask in the ohio area ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
lowrdrbird: Man, I'd would come down and help you out if I could. Even though I haven't doen the "J-Mod", I did install my B&M shift kit which required drilling out the seperator plate........just not as extensively as the "J-Mod". If I didn't have my hands already full, I'd be willing to help ya.

Here's a deal for ya......you rebuild my motor, and I'll do the "J-Mod" for you ! *LOL*
Just kidding.

Good luck.

Slowride

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well if any experience J-modder would like to volunteer your time for a 6-pack, let's do it!

Parts list will definitely be a plus to have before the mod (I searched and there were a few, need confirmed one).

At least two car garage to have space for people and parts to lay around, so who's up for it say "J-mod!" ;)

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
chilipepprflea wants to do his before the 7th of Sept.

Anyone wanna have like a couple days to do this schtuff? (anyone got a place with a lil bit o land so we can all park and work?) Hell, we could make this like a mini-meet :headbang:

c'mon Slowride, you got nothin better to do

·
Registered
346 Posts
Before 7th Sept sounds good, I only got a single car garage so it's kinda a squeeze to even fit two grown guys.

Anyone in (preferably central) Ohio with a mondo huge garage to Jmod???? :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Fubarian: Me gots plenty to do........CAT needs a motor, and SOON!!!!!!!!!!! *LOL* I may get lucky and make it to the Ford Expo........but can't say for sure, it's gonna be tight on time and $$$$.

If it weren't for that........I'd be more than happy to help with all the "J-mods"

Later all
Slowride

·
Registered
107 Posts
Too bad you guys are not closer. I can get 3 cars confortably in my shop, and the lift helps quite a bit. Of course there is only one lift, so it would be time consuming. Anyway, if I get around to a jmod I will post for people near me. That way we can kill a few birds with 1 stone.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Hey, just a piece of advice. Figure on a good day per car because things happen.

It took a good 5-6 hours on my 97 and there isn't as much to do, but it all takes time, expecially the drilling, deburring, and CLEANING! Any parts that go back in must be cleaned!

I'd like to help, but I work weekends and don't have time to even remove my air silencer.

·
Registered
346 Posts
We'll do one jmod first and for the helpers the experience gained should be enough to embark them on the jmodding path even if it's done solo ;)

I'm ready to help with chilipepprflea's Jmod so I can learn :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys I have a buddy how has his own muffler shop with 4 bays and lifts mayvbe i can ask him but agasin this is in the dayton area. And also needs a parts list so i can get all what i need before the install.
KEN:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sounds good Ken :)

Maybe we can do your Jmod and chilipepprflea's at the same time. Let's see if Fubarian and chilipepprflea are willing to go to Dayton for this exercise :D

How about it guys?

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Have you boys got a list? I have one, but it's for a 97.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well let me know what i need for a 95 tranny upgrade parts list and i will ask my buddy today and see what he says and when would be a good time we might have to bring some six packs for this one as payment for his bays i know how to work all the lifts and he also might let us use some of his tools. And ill ask if D2 (david) would weant to help out he is one of his mechicanics. I ll get back to all later Hopefully he will say yes. :bowdown:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i got on my knees and begged and begged:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
But he said he could not do it two reasons 1) lialibly(sp) 2) was that the only days this could be done would be the only day off he gets. Im sorry guys:( i tried. Maybe somewhere else.
KEN

1 - 20 of 34 Posts