TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering about some upgrades to my exhaust on my 94 LX 4.6l tbird...

what would it sound like if the resonator was removed, and didnt have a pipe (with all cats, and dual 40 series flowmasters), or if it had a pipe? what sounds better?

or would it just be better to wait, and remove all the cats, and the resonator... or just leave the resonator and remove the cats

i currently just have the flowmasters, and im looking to add some more sound and some growl to it

im open to all suggestions, not just including the ones above

thanks ahead of time for your replies :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
i removed the resenator and removed the mufflers ...now my bird sounds good at idle and wot... but in between is sounds like a can of hornets ...going to reinstall a muffler,, a flowmaster 40 race series where the resnator was ...im hoping to keep it louder than stock ...before as stock i could sneek up on a mouse ...way to quiet for a v8...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree... the stock mufflers are really quiet... i was debating removing my resonator the other day just to see how it sounded... but decided against it... everyone said it would be too loud... tell me how your bird sounds when you get some mufflers :)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Mellowout said:
i agree... the stock mufflers are really quiet... i was debating removing my resonator the other day just to see how it sounded... but decided against it... everyone said it would be too loud... tell me how your bird sounds when you get some mufflers :)
with stock mufflers it wont be any louder if you take the resonator off and personally with the mufflers removed i think it sounds decent at idle but mid to full throttle it sounds like sh**. Look in the soundclip sticky at the top of the forum for setups and soundclips and try doing a search theres lots of setups and tons of threads on them

-Matt-

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about removing the resonator and the cats?

would that make a difference in the sound or the volume?

or are there any other alternatives?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Mellowout said:
what about removing the resonator and the cats?

would that make a difference in the sound or the volume?

or are there any other alternatives?
I would assume the tone would be different and be very loud. Iv never heard a mn12 with a stock exhaust pipes no cats and no mufflers so i really cant answer the question, if u want a good sounding setup go with a 2 1/4 or 2.5 inch dual setup with a muffler of your choice. Everyone has there opinions on muffler choices so i wont go into that :) look at the sticky theres a bunch of clips including mine

-Matt-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts