TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. the bird is starting to get shaky on the highway, and i think it is time for a suspension rebuild. ball joints are rotted, can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of a parts list, and cost? labor done by myself and my dad.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I don't have a parts list. I know what I did to mine. Everything on the front end got replaced. Upper control arms, struts, sway bar arms, steering rack arms( I forget what they are called right now), lower ball joints, every bushing on the front end and the rack and pinion. The lower ball joints will have to be installed and removed by a shop with a press. I would suggest having the same shop compress the springs on the struts also. Get it alighned after all of this. You will need some special tools to do it also.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah. i just want to save as much as possible by doing as much of the work as i can by myself.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Most of the stuff you can get off by yourself. It is just getting them apart that is tuff without the real expensive tools. Believe it or not, I did it all by myself except the lower ball joints. I paid to have them pressed out and back in.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Hi am new to this board and I just redid my upper control arms and sway bushings and end links myself with just some reading experience from this board and a manual. I used supercoupeperformance.com control arm assemblies for the upper and will do the lower as soon as it comes in the mail. If you want to do the lower control arm yourself just buy it from supercoupeperformance with a new ball joint already in it. If you want to do it yourself start looking at that site and they will answer any questions you have on anything they can help you with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts