TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
As far as getting to it? I usually get to it from the top, with the wiper cowl removed. As far as not breaking the bolt? Be careful. :)

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,526 Posts
Dunno, really... Last time I did it, I had the exhaust down, the starter out, and the O2 sensors out of the way and came in from underneath. I didn't find anything particularly difficult about the job, but then again I'm not sure how people "usually" do it.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Dunno, really... Last time I did it, I had the exhaust down, the starter out, and the O2 sensors out of the way and came in from underneath. I didn't find anything particularly difficult about the job, but then again I'm not sure how people "usually" do it.
Same here...

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Easy A 3 ft 3/8 drive extension with a 10mm swivel socket and it comes right out, getting it back in is the hard part.
Alan

·
Registered
267 Posts
Simple. I had mine fixed as it was leaking at the base when I had the 90,000 mile service done on the tranny. Total for service and fix. $115.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, i'm rounding up a swivel adapter, i guess i'm just nervous about giving it a little gusto after snapping off the one on my first bird. guess i got 3 out of 4 exhaust manifold to pipe bolts out without breaking them so maybe i'll get lucky on this too.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Im with Alan it's easy to remove, exactly how he said, if exhaust is off I use a 1/4 inch air ratchet

Robert

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well used a 3/8 swivel with socket extension and ratchet.....no good. Put my 3/8 Mac impact on it.....no go. Solution. Cut it off close to the tube with my sawzall. Good thing I have a spare tube. And yes the exhaust was removed. Gotta love 18 years of Iowa on a car. Hard to believe the body is rust free but it is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts