TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I have a 97 sport and will hopefully be lowering it this summer but will need tires in a week or so. The car is stock and I am looking for new tires that will look ok and look fine with it lowered and fit without rubbing. I have searched on here and come across many varying opinions.......Will 245-50-16 be ok on the sport wheels or look to short they are the bf g-force all season tires.......or should I go to 255/50/16 will they work with both suspension setups and not rub anything? or should I go back to stock size :mad: Thanks Greg

Any recomendations on a good tire in those sizes?

·
Registered
294 Posts
My opinions: Keep in mind, I've been driving T-birds since 1993, all with OEM 16x7 wheels.

Stock 225/60's drive nice, look fine, but are a little too narrow for my taste. Lots of choices out there.

I had 255/50's for a while, Falken Ziex 512's. Looked great, especially lowered, but too wide for good handling. PITA to mount, and some shops won't even do them. The steering was too heavy and the car didn't feel like it tracked right. The selection in that size is pretty sparse, too.

I went back to 235/60's the last time I replaced them. They fit nice, no problems with lowered cars, and they track nicely like the 225's. Just a touch wider and taller than stock. I have Kumho Ecsta this time, reasonably inexpensive.

I've seen cars with 245/50's and they just look too small (height) to me. Same with the 235/55's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts