TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my exhaust has gotten annoyingly loud. All it is is the ART catless downtubes and x-pipe. I never bought the rest.
Now I want to finish the piping and put some sort of mufflers on, but I don't know what to do about that because I never get an email reply from ART about buying the back half of the kit, and all the shops here are garbage.
Is there any cat-back kit I might be able to make fit? I didn't think there were any that were 2.5" all the way through......

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
the only available kits for the car besides the ART are not true duals. you will have to go custom or get the rest of the art kit...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would just call ART, they never returned my emails either. They were very willing to help me out on the telephone though, I would think you'd be able to work something out for the back half!

Brian.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just gave him a call based on your advice. Was short and quick, but no biggie, he said he'll find out what he can do tomorrow.
I just didn't wanna "waste" his time calling before if I wasn't going to be able to buy it right away, but I guess I'll just have to come up with the money :D

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news for me. Looks like he's gonna be able to get me just the sections I need which is awesome. Really shouldn't spend the money, but I would love to be able to drive my car w/o worrying about how loud it is. It'll be weird.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good deal, I figured they could accomodate you.

Man, your car must be ridiculous without any mufflers LOL! I have the catless ART system too with Flowmaster 40's, and even that is loud as all hell. :)

Brian.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep extremely loud. It's ok for a bit, but after almost 2 years it's gotten old.
How do you like your setup?

Thanks for the advice btw, very happy to finally be getting this taken care of.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
LOUD?

Try driving your car with three gutted cats and an rear o2 sensor that popped out when you were driving down the road therefore making a quarter size exhaust leak.

My car does sound a whole lot better at WOT if it werent for the raspy sound when you first get on it, I think i may just chop the muffelers off and go for a midmounted magnaflow exhaust system.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I bet that is ridiculously loud... i dang near had that same setup BUT i had my stock cats on... True duals with no mufflers... it was LOUD and DRONED. Mid Mounted Magnaflow Muff did wonders... im gonna replace my stock cats w/ Carsound Cats on of these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts