TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen people that have replaced their stock air filter with a k n cone filter. how can i make the air filter shield/cover, i have asked people at shows and no one will give tips or anything. can anyone help

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i have seen people that have replaced their stock air filter with a k n cone filter. how can i make the air filter shield/cover, i have asked people at shows and no one will give tips or anything. can anyone help
easiest way is to get 3 sheets of aluminum and cut it to line up at the bottom and have a shop weld the 3 peices together to make a "half cube" around the filter. after that you can figure out how you want to screw it down to stay in place. heres a picture of a custom job i tried to expain. basically all you end up doing is making a bigger version of the stock black air box

ps: racecougar if you see this your cougar is my favorite cougar i've seen yet. its damn near perfect

·
Registered
49 Posts
And if you don't want to go as far as welding it together you can always just go to home depot and get some sheet metal then just rivet it together, it'll give it a nice industrial look if done tastefully.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Or if you must have a cone shaped filter, just get a 99-04 Mustang GT factory airbox.

·
The Parts Guy
7,306 Posts
My biggest piece of advice is to start with some cardboard to get your shapes, then transfer them over to the metal of your choice.

ps: racecougar if you see this your cougar is my favorite cougar i've seen yet. its damn near perfect
Thanks for the compliment. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts