TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a the stock 96-97 thunderbird hood clear over a 4.6 dohc with a 96-98 cobra intake manifold? I know on mark viii's it's a tight fit but I need to know if there's anyway to make the factory hood clear it on the thunderbird, underhood bracing and heat mat removal doesn't scare me I just need to know if it can be done as I'm planning to pull the trigger on one.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I dont believe it will clear the 96/97 hood .. it is pretty tall towards the front end of the engine. I can take a measurement from the fenders at the tallest point if that helps ..

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it would help

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I'm not sure of the differences between a 94/95 hood and 96/97, but my 94 DOHC has a stock hood.

-Melon

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure of the differences between a 94/95 hood and 96/97, but my 94 DOHC has a stock hood.

-Melon
Do you have a 96-98 cobra intake manifold? Last time I saw a pic of that car it had a 93-96 gen 1 mark intake manifold

·
Registered
4,147 Posts

Right about after the inner fenders - if you had a straight edge across the top of the fenders .. I am measuring about a 2.5" rise above the fenders ..

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What hood are you using sct?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well based on my measurements it won't fit. I may be mistaken but for now I'm going to wait. I'll add it to the back burner modifications especially because there seems to be a great debate about them vs gen 1 mark intakes. Mine is getting shipped off and extrude honed instead. The cobra intake definately wins the beauty contest though.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Well based on my measurements it won't fit. I may be mistaken but for now I'm going to wait. I'll add it to the back burner modifications especially because there seems to be a great debate about them vs gen 1 mark intakes. Mine is getting shipped off and extrude honed instead. The cobra intake definately wins the beauty contest though.
x2 You had better keep us posted on this. I have been interested to see if the gen 1 intake really is THE option for us. If so, it would be cool because my brother has one on his 93 engine ;) How much does this extrude honing cost?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts