TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering an engine swap to a PI SOHC in my '95 XR-7.
It would've given me about 34 more horse and 17 more torq from the advertised specs.
What could I expect from a 4.6L DOHC?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I was considering an engine swap to a PI SOHC in my '95 XR-7.
It would've given me about 34 more horse and 17 more torq from the advertised specs.
What could I expect from a 4.6L DOHC?

Well I guess if you leave it stock, search out the specs on a Mark 8 and that should get you in the ballpark.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You wont get much of a gain without a tune ethier way.Both motors have strong points against one another. Ive read DOHC motors are better for boosting? The PI is lighter tho and still makes good power. Just remember whichever way you consider on going make sure you get a good tune to go with it. Oh and dont forget that when you budget for a swap like this take what you may think it is gonna cost overall and double it. When I was first told that I didnt think it would be that extreme but sure enough I ended up spending twice as much as I expected just to make the damn thing run. Still worth it tho

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
DOHC motors are torqueless wonders... They dont make a whole lot down low at all but they make good highend power and get good heads and they flow EXCEPTIONALLY well. But I think I'm going to build up a 2v motor with the Trickflow heads. And then boost that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts