TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the suspension on my 97 lx has been getting worse dispite my efforts to freshen her up! so far i have replaced all the springs and shocks front and rear about 10k miles ago, and have just replaced the front lower control arms, upper conrol arm bushing and all the rubber bushings in the rear end with eurothane from supercoupe performance. still when i hit a bump the suspension is very hollow sounding, just sounds like everything is loose. it drives straight down the road and dosent have any alignment problems. what can i do short of a complete rebuild to fix this problem?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Is it coming from the front end? It could be the front stabilizer bar end links. There's not much room for them to move around if they're worn, and it will occasionally make a dull rattling noise after hitting a bump, or sometimes a sharp clunk when turning hard at slow speeds (like uphill into a driveway). Check for marks on the inside 1/2 of the front shocks near the bottom (a narrow strip of paint missing).

Hope you find it.
That is all...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Move out of Indy! I lived there for 28 yrs, and the roads are awful!

I'd double check all the bolts. I just did a rebuild on parts and had to come back after a few days of driving. Nothing was too loose, but not fully torqued. Also, check the end-links in the rear. I lost the bushings in mine and it made the whole care feel loose and rattle-y. Seemed to transmit everywhere through the car also.

Jason

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tips guys,, im actually in southern alabama now but unfortunatly the roads arnt much better (think cheese grater). i think im gonna replace all the rest of the rubber with urathane when i put in the new swaybars. that should take care of it i think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts