TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me for sure if these spark plug wires only fit DOHC applications or if they'll also fit my SOHC:

I have a 97 Thunderbird that still has the old modular 4.6 SOHC and the wires I got a long time ago weren't correct and now I wanna replace them with the right ones that will actually fit.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,167 Posts
No, the 4.6 32v does not use the same wire set as the 4.6 2v. It's been a few years since I did wires on my old 96 Mark VIII but the routing, and wire lengths, is different because they all are hidden under a cover in the valve cover and the wires run through the middle of that cover. I am not sure if the plug wells are the same length either.

Motorcraft PN WR5935 is more than adequate. :)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Another vote for Motorcraft. If they aren't available, Autolite will do. I always remove the alternator to be able to sort the wires a lot easier and get them positioned in the looms so they aren't touching anything too hot, though some people on here disagree with that method, lol!

Al

·
Super Moderator
10,371 Posts
I used a set of Mark spark plug wires on the Tbird the last time I swapped them; I had them sitting on a shelf, and they were getting old, so WTF, I thought I'd try.

They are exactly the same as the MN12 wires, except for a line molded into the spark plug boot; IDK why it's there.

Same depth, same cast in features.

There's a sticky from the last time I did it; I think I mentioned it in there.

The later ones are COP; so those are different. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts