TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am getting ready to put a binder together, that has info, reciepts and other info about my car. i need ideas for different sections. any ideas

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Most of the build books I've seen have been sectioned by mods: Engine/Drivetrain, Suspension, Interior, Paint and Body and sometimes Audio/Electronics. I'm not sure if that's the kind of ideas you're looking for, but I hope it helps.

·
Super Moderator
12,454 Posts
:zwthstpd:

Sort it by system. Braking, suspension, engine, exhaust, etc.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
You guys are doing better than me; mine are all in box in the garage (loosely thrown in with extra bolts, clips etc.).

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Heh i have a binder for every one of my MN12's with Wish lists, Information on wiring, a section with odd photos and even a `completed on...' Sheet..

Sadly none of them have been opened for some time now.. :( Do not have the time nor $$ to Do anything..

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
My folder is year by year, every bill for that year goes into in order of date( January bills at the front, December bills at the rear ). I have separate folders for the bill of sale, stereo receipts, and miscellaneous. My 1996 TBird has 2 binders as I have owned it for 13 years...

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I just sort it by vehicle with a log sheet of work performed, mileage, date, etc.. I dont keep many recipts anymore - only long enough just in case i need to return something soon ( dont wanna know how much I spend on these cars .. ).

I usually own 7-9 cars at a time, and work on customers and family's cars .. so lots of cars to keep track of.

I transferred all of my paperwork to a PC and would keep track of it there until the hard drive failed and I lost my records .. I dont bother with that anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts