TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. i just signed up for the site.. but ya.
im about to do 4.10s. n i cant find just a trac lok.. i dont want a hold new rear end or pumpkin i just want a trac lok. any1 have one. or no where to get one..
thx

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ford wanted like $480 or somethin like that. so pretty much i should go to summit tell him i need a trac lok for 8.8 28 spline irs...

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Look up these item numbers on Ebay:

They are for Cobra IRS units but I think they'll fit our cars. Don't know for sure but I'm sure there are lots of folks on here would be more than happy to tell me I'm wrong. :D

Wait, something in th back of my feeble memory is saying that cobra units are 31 spline? Be sure to look into it.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
ebay is where i got a used one from a mustang...had alan milled the side gears..then found the clutck kit with carbon fiber clutches..then bought the bearing kit and finally got the ring and pinion (3.73)all from ebay

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Hey, I almost forgot! I've got a 3.27 trac-loc sitting around. But it needs a rebuild, and when it is rebuilt it'll be with a 3.55. :D

I'm just goofy today, I need to get out and do something. LOL

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
naw i want 4.10s. but all i need is a trac lok then i can order the gears n install kit n get them in..
so your sayin u can sell me a trac lok Mark M. TCCoA VP?

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Yep. It's in great shape and it's 28 spline. Shipping for the pumpkin runs around 75 bucks and a bit less just for the lok unit. I picked up a 3:27 pumpkin for my stick setup so I have the old pumpkin just taking up space. The pumpkin has new axle seals but will need a new cover seal as I drained the unit before I removed it.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so how much would it all together be for the trac lok be...?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just the trac lok unit it self... that would bolt right up my to 8.8 irs right? did u have it in your cat?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kk..well let my talk to summit n see what they got..but if not ill get it off u.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts