Votes: 7 46.7%
  • don't get the loan and keep working on the cat

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
ok well i found this 99 gt red anniversary with a 5-speed for $8800. The car really got my attention and am seriously thinking about buying it. I don't have the cash with me but i can get a loan since my credit isn't all that bad...Do you think I should just focus more on my cat and tweek it up like i wanted to or should i get in this deal?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
How many miles are on it? equipment? Mods?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That price doesnt seem that crazy, I was looking at an 00 gt 5 speed with mach audio and like 30,000 miles that a dealership in detroit wanted 10k for last year, so i would hold off until you found a nice low mileage car, IMO, or just keep yours.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
In this area (southeast kansas) Average Trade-in value (generally considered wholesale) is 8,000. Avg retail is 9,850. Of course those numbers could be different in your area.

Sounds like its not a bad deal if you want a Mustang GT.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just really like the red 99 anniversary models...i'm kinda leaning now towards just keeping my cat but after today i'll know for sure

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Around here that would be a good deal. I would jump on it. But you gotta make that decision for yourself....

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I say get the loan and buy the stang bro, and I will welcome you to the modular Team....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
If you do buy it, Just remember, you will now have a car payment, every month, and now you will have to pay higher insurance rates, every month, because you will have to have full coverage, and because of that magicle designation - GT. First I would check into how much you will pay for those every month. Could be a big hit:rolleyes:

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uncaged 94 said:
If you do buy it, Just remember, you will now have a car payment, every month, and now you will have to pay higher insurance rates, every month, because you will have to have full coverage, and because of that magicle designation - GT. First I would check into how much you will pay for those every month. Could be a big hit:rolleyes:
well im already full coverage on 95 gt...but yeah i'm aware that there would be a monthly payment, and a increase on insurance...
Israel, it wouldn't be my first time with a modular...use to have a 95 before it got stolen...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
well im already full coverage on 95 gt...but yeah i'm aware that there would be a monthly payment, and a increase on insurance...
Israel, it wouldn't be my first time with a modular...use to have a 95 before it got stolen...

Yah I know man, the black cat, but it will be a comback to modular :tongue:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Mustangs are great.....but they're 12 for 10 cents. People will check it out, people will comment, you will make a lot of friends becuase of it. Oh, and chicks dig them. :D You will also get revved on at stoplights, and have morons trying to "race" you when your just minding your business trying to go somewhere. You will be cop magnet. If you finance 8 grand your payments shouldn't be too bad. Insurance might be high. My insurance went way, way up when I got mine....my payments went WAY WAY WAY up when I got mine....but my fun factor also went way up when I got a stang. Too bad it's only a 6-er :D Oh yeah, be prepared to be a cop magnet, too.

·
Registered
817 Posts
^^^i dont know dude, i never get challenged. maybe cause its black, and the fastest stangs are black, its a proven fact.

and heres food for thought thall make you feel good.

my 02 GT, Black, Black leather interior, 5spd, 80k miles, was 15,000 out the door. it was one of the cheaper stangs in that good of a condition in the area. there were ones with less miles, that looked like theyve been ragged on heavily by 16 year olds. then there was mine with lots of freeway miles, that was prestine aside from the normal freeway front end dings, which makes no difference as the cars getting repainted anyways. there was a 03 Mineral Grey/DSG for 12k, but it had been in a accident, the dealer didnt even take time to do it right either, walked away. ford had a torch red 00 GT, 24k miles, 5spd. wanted 19k for it. though it was perfect, it was red(bright colors=cop magnet).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts