TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a guy who has a 2000 gt block that is for sell. I am more interested in the heads cams and intake. well i emailed him about it and i finally got a response back about the heads and cams....the intake he doesnt have.

"yes i still have a set of PI ported heads with cams, i will let them go for 300 cause i think they might need alittle work, nothing major.... "

Now....what do yall think a little work would include??? and if its nothin major, how much money major do you think this might be? also, ported PI heads, wasnt looking for them, but im guessin would get gains out of this. But when it comes to the intake, could i still use a PI intake? or do i need something else? just i guess some thought, comments, suggestions, things of that nature are what im looking for. Also, to install them, for heads.....would the engine need to come out?? im figuring prolly so. but just out of curiousity. Also, would i need to get a chip and new air tube and maf since there would be more air going through? or would the computer adjust its fuel curves for such a thing? the are just some questions that i have right now. Thank you for yalls help.

Ryan

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, i talked to the guy. He said they are windsor heads from a 99-00 gt. They are ported out to the max, as much as they can be ported, they are. He said he went with a long block and thats why he isnt using these heads.

are the windsor heads from a DOHC? he siad in 99-00 gt's got the windsor heads and after that they were romeos. Do long blocks use different heads?

he said they would mate up perfectly with a PI intake cause thats where it all came from.

Once again, any advice cause i would prolly make the purchase on sunday. So....please any info would be appreciated.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The heads are from a 2V (SOHC) as per the GT. The Cobras had/have the DOHC setup in them. As far as a 'little' work, it may be one person's opinion, like replace the valves, maybe re seat them, or something like that which may cost what you're going to buy the heads for. And yes the PI heads will mate up perfectly with the PI intake, you could even get the NPI's to mate up pretty good. Depends on what kind of long block he went with that will determine what heads he has (unless all the heads are the same and the names just go with the blocks...not sure on that one but its a good hunch). If you plan on going forced in the future, you may want to look into buying a cheap set of NPI's and port them, they might run you as much as the PI's that need to be worked on...using PI heads will increase compression and that is bad for forced induction. Engine doens't need to come out to do a head swap, unless you really wanted to, then I guess you could :D I'm planning on swapping in a set of PnP'd NPI's over the summer/fall, and don't plan on pulling the motor. A bigger MAF would be a good idea since you will be flowing that much air. Chip needed for bigger MAF of course. And yes the PI intake will work, there are a few doing it now, search and you will find.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts