TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That used to be a vertical dropoff from the hatch down, now, its not. Anyways, got hit by a truck, spent a bit over 3 hours in the ER getting my back checked to make sure the pain I felt was nothing more than strained muscles from the impact. There's a bit more damage than is visible there, may have to fight with the insurance company on this one, but at least its not my insurance paying for it... :(

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Dang man. Hope you get to feelin a little better. Good luck with the insurance company. Any idea on the extent of the damage?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far the damage is the bumper cover, reverse lights, crashbar, crashbar shocks, and the rear bulkhead that the crashbar bolts to. What I'm most concerned about is the combination of the minor frame damage combined with the pearl white paint. I'm taking it to the shop right now so we'll see where it goes from here. :(

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't think it'll be totalled, considering how bad my car's damage was, with the pearl paint, and they were able to fix it. Replaced the front bumper, headlights, turn signals, left-front fender, header panel, left-front rim, both front tires, and pulled the frame. If they total it, tell them they're full of Sugar-Honey-Iced-Tea.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
dude, WTF were you doing a brake check in front of a speeding truck? shouldn't be doing that stuff, lol, bad things can sometimes happen, ;), lol, j/k, get that thing fixed. and glad to hear you didn't f up your back, later'z.....:D

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Casey is currently at the doctor's office to get her butt fixed, I don't think I'll have to haggle too much with the insurance company because the current KBB is $8,950, the loan is for just over $10K, and I still have that additional $1600 in extra value from those receipts. We'll see how it goes when the body shop can pull off the bumper cover and check it all out on Monday and I talk to the insurance company again monday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts