TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i got a nitrous express kit and am wondering about the setup. I have a screamin demon super coil pack and ngk plugs one and two steps colder. i'm not sure which ones to run or at what gap with the performance distributor. is a gap .025-.030 enough? is one step colder good enough for a 100 shot? what setup is safe for my motor and what setup has been track tested that i can rely on?

:boom:

·
Registered
519 Posts
youre gonna put this on a NA V6 or SC?
i cant beleive it but there is a green 93 NA V6 tbird with ZEX 125 Dry Shot that runs 15.0
The guy has exhaust, fuel pump, fuel pres reg, 2 program chip, gears, and all the ignition goodies.
oh yea and 125 shot.
im surprised the car can take it honestly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my car

i'm goin to... scratch that. it is on my NA v6. i really don't want to rely on a power adder on makin most of the power i need. i'd really rather make most of the power on motor. I do not believe that the guy has a 125 shot on a NA v6. NX does not recommend using more than 20hp shot per cylinder. that brings up the question of whether or not he has forged pistons rods etc. if he does he could even run more.

you're right though. i'm also surprised the car is taking the abuse also. so who is this guy? one of ours? but i digress. do you have any info or know anyone that can help me?
:boom: :woowoo: :zbeer:

·
Registered
620 Posts
if your gonna run a 100 shot first take the octane adjust plug out,i believe it will drop about 2 degrees of timing,then run her down the track ,if all feels good and ur ready put the octane plug back in and run her on the 100 shot .i run my stock 96 bottom end on a 125 shot and was able to hit a 12.82,when i took it to the dynotune i was amazed to find out that when i am spraying the engine i was running well above 18.0-1 air /fuel ratio(which is way lean)i did up the fuel jet and have yet to get a free moment to take it to the track to see what i have picked up
mike

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank u

thanx bro. you're using 125 on a V8 right. um i think i'm gonna have make a few safety modifications to my kit like lower jettings fuel pump and you know pressure gauge and other stuff you know homie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts