TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know exactly where it is located and how do i install it???? if possible does someone have a picture or diagram??? thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when installing a neutral safety switch.....does the lever have to be in neutral because ever since my uncle changed mine yester day my car wont shift into second or third and it only does sometimes but it didnt do this with the old one....??? does anyone know what gives???

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Yes, the car has to be in neutral when swapping it out.

There should be markings on the NSS (with it not installed), to tell you what position it is in.

Take it back out, put it back in the Neutral postion, and re-install it with the car in neutral.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yup, the shifter has to be in Neutral. After installation shift into reverse and make sure the reverse lamps light up or you'll have to align the MLPS till it does.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so does that mean that i cant take the keys out when it is in neutral and can not installing the piece in right be causing the problem i described earlier because other than that the car runs better than it did before.... well thanks for ur help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts