1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
You have to have the pictures on a URL to post them we do not have your hard drive so we cannot see the pics that way. The cardomain link did work.
I have no comments on the 20's if they make you happy congrats. I think they make these cars ride like crap.
Alan

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,792 Posts
You have to have the pictures on a URL to post them we do not have your hard drive so we cannot see the pics that way. The cardomain link did work.
I have no comments on the 20's if they make you happy congrats. I think they make these cars ride like crap.
Alan
Got that right Alan .

·
Registered
208 Posts
It looks good but that low profile tires are dangerous if you like to run one little bump and say good bye to 200 dollars!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I thought to go with the Boss 328 on my SC...I think they look nice. You should think about lowering it a bit so the wheel fills the wells a bit more. Good look, though.

James E.

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
It looks good but that low profile tires are dangerous if you like to run one little bump and say good bye to 200 dollars!!!
yup at least ! AND that is if you dont get into the wheel...

·
Super Moderator
12,248 Posts
As everyone has said - some more politely than others - 20's are more for show than go.

If you're serious about making your car more performance oriented (as indicated by your signature) then you need to look at smaller rims with more room for tire.

I run 18's and recommend not going any larger than that size. So, now that you've got them on the car, other than how they look, are you satisfied with how they perform?

BTW, your cardomain page says it's for sale for $6,000. You wouldn't happen to be trying to sell it would you?

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

let me know what you guys think of the new wheels. Not sure if I posted the pics correctly but if not here's a link.
They suck on your car. Also you are somewhat in nomansland with 20's! To big for performance and to small for the bling! May trade em for something that reflects the work you but into the engine bay. The stockers painted black would properly look better, but thats me.

-Maic

·
Registered
152 Posts
They suck on your car. Also you are somewhat in nomansland with 20's! To big for performance and to small for the bling! May trade em for something that reflects the work you but into the engine bay. The stockers painted black would properly look better, but thats me.

-Maic
I don't know, Man...I'm inclined to agree with you, but to a point! Our cars are too heavy to start with to try and make them 1/4 mile cars. So if he's going, it's more distance and around curves...I had staggered 19s on my SC and it was set more for road course balance and grip than for straight-forward, pin you to your seat speed...they worked QUITE well for me. I may go staggered 20s on my 97 LX. It's all in suspension, gearing, and tranny whether or not she'll just show...or get off her a$$ and go!

James E.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sorry but I'm not digging the big wheels. That style in a 17 or 18(MAX) would probibly look tons better and not make it look like a 4x4.

·
Registered
623 Posts
wow, alot of harsh words.
Congrats on the new wheels!
If you want 20s i like this style of wheel, im glad its not the "bling bling dubs" looking 20's.
Just got to get it lowered and you will be all good.

What is up with all the flaming? There are other performance mn12's with 20's and they get glorified, just wondering why this guys getting the shaft. They aren't a bad looking wheel.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
wow, alot of harsh words.
Congrats on the new wheels!
If you want 20s i like this style of wheel, im glad its not the "bling bling dubs" looking 20's.
Just got to get it lowered and you will be all good.

What is up with all the flaming? There are other performance mn12's with 20's and they get glorified, just wondering why this guys getting the shaft. They aren't a bad looking wheel.
I don't see harsh words just honest opinions. It is his car he can do what he wants and we could all care less. I have driven a thunderbird on 20's a few times and they drive like crap. 18's is the max size I suggest and I really think 17's are even better. I still have 16's and have no intention on changing them. I however do not care about tthe bling.
Alan

·
Registered
154 Posts
Glorified? Ner. Save the 20's for the SUV's... hate to say it but anything bigger than 18 on a car is stupid looking and makes the car look gaudy.. Its just my opinion but i mean we all have our own taste..

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Well at the very least it's not like one guy I saw on YouTube who put 24's on an MN12.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Well at the very least it's not like one guy I saw on YouTube who put 24's on an MN12.
Now that's just reDONKulous! I love seeing people put thousands of dollors of rims on a car that isnt worth ****(not saying that about or cars). I've seen beat up chevy celeberity's that have 10 different colors, rusted to crap but they have the bling bling 20" rims. Needless to say I'm sure *I* paid for them, if you get my drift.

·
Registered
240 Posts
To the original poster, i think it looks nice. dont let these guys opinions get you down bro and honestly its better to not ask for their opinions because you will always get harsh feedback if you dont follow the traditional Tbird mods to make yours look and perform just like most of the cars in here. Put on a spoiler, the same wheels as the majority of the birds have here, an exhaust and a few go fast goodies and you will fit right in.
This place just seems to be over run with picky, pampered and OVER opinionated babies.

This is not directed toward anybody in particular in this thread but im just tired of seeing the negative comments when it comes to this.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
To the original poster, i think it looks nice. dont let these guys opinions get you down bro and honestly its better to not ask for their opinions because you will always get harsh feedback if you dont follow the traditional Tbird mods to make yours look and perform just like most of the cars in here. Put on a spoiler, the same wheels as the majority of the birds have here, an exhaust and a few go fast goodies and you will fit right in.
This place just seems to be over run with picky, pampered and OVER opinionated babies.

This is not directed toward anybody in particular in this thread but im just tired of seeing the negative comments when it comes to this.
If he didn't want peoples opinions he shouldn't have asked!
Alan

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think this is a little BS...this poor guy is getting absolutely hammered with bad/negative comments due to his 20" wheels. Which i guess i just don't get because iv seen other threads on here where guys have 20"s and not one thing is said about how bad of an idea they are and how stupid it is...actually about 99% of the comments are positive and encouraging.
For example: http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=135532
Why is it okay here? Whats the difference?

I guess it brings us all back to kindergarten when we were taught "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say nothing at all" and "treat everyone equally"

Getting new wheels is a fun and exciting big purchase. Showing them off is half the fun of getting new wheels. I feel bad for him that alot of you guys just threw it in his face...

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I think this is a little BS...this poor guy is getting absolutely hammered with bad/negative comments due to his 20" wheels. Which i guess i just don't get because iv seen other threads on here where guys have 20"s and not one thing is said about how bad of an idea they are and how stupid it is...actually about 99% of the comments are positive and encouraging.
For example: http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=135532
Why is it okay here? Whats the difference?

I guess it brings us all back to kindergarten when we were taught "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say nothing at all" and "treat everyone equally"

Getting new wheels is a fun and exciting big purchase. Showing them off is half the fun of getting new wheels. I feel bad for him that alot of you guys just threw it in his face...
Or you can quote me on this one
If you don't want my opinion don't ask for it!
Alan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.