TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of us got together yesterday for a test and tune at Mason Dixon. Needless to say I think this is the warmest I've ever run there in March in 35 years. Temps 67-70 degrees with a mild headwind. Traction was certainly less than optimum but you are dealt with the hand you get.

Even with the conditions I managed to lay down an 11.80 @ 111, with some issues (both traction and a miss), then followed that up with an 11.84 @ 113 MPH. I think I finally corrected the miss. 60 fts in the 1.60-1.63 Range. Both E.T's were New BESTS!!!!!

On the motor NA the car went 13.16 best on the day and 102.81 MPH. 1.85 60 ft. Also a New E.T. BEST at MD.

All runs were on the 27" Drag tires.

Chad and Driller were both there and ran yesterday too.

Thanks to Jim for his helping hands yesterday. He also made a couple passes in the car as well.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Damn you Steve....geez. I ready need to get my ass to the track.

Congrats on the new times.

I heard chad didn't do so hot yesterday. He only managed 13s

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
Congrats Steve. Very impressive runs.

Time to update your signature.

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn you Steve....geez. I ready need to get my ass to the track.

Congrats on the new times.

I heard Chad didn't do so hot yesterday. He only managed 13s
He ran low-mid 13's all day which is not bad but like I said, the weather and the track conditions weren't conducive to really quick times yesterday. Remember its Mason Dixon.

He did run a 12.1 at 112.79 in the 1MTNCAT yesterday on the spray with the tires in the air LOL!

August is coming bring it up!!!!

Thanks everyone! Still need to get a tune on it. Throwing code & running rich!

Ron, I'll get to it soon as it changes again.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Once you have her sorted out, you are going to need a cage... Well done!

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the time is coming it appears.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Fast! Nice times, congratulations! :thumbsup:

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok Ron

I've updated it. Gotta keep the moderators happy. Hopefully I'll have to change it again soon!

Thanks

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A bar might slow it down about 1/10 or so maybe. Unlike most cars on here I have about 40lbs worth of subframe connector bars under the car now so take them off and add the bar you're looking at 60 lbs or less weight added.

It should be negligible.

No video or pics on Saturday unfortunately.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
the stiffer chassis and the benefits from the bar will help more than you think! more consistency(not saying you are not consistent, just that it helps a bunch).

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
the stiffer chassis and the benefits from the bar will help more than you think! more consistency(not saying you are not consistent, just that it helps a bunch).
That is true! However my bars do an excellent job of stiffening and has kept the roof line from trying to wrinkle as it was trying to do. The car ran a best of the 13.16 and worst of 13.25 on motor Saturday, (6 Passes NA) with myself and two other seasoned MN12 drivers actually driving it. I had two passes of 13.21 back to back. Within the 5 hour span 1 - 5PM (Temp changes and track conditions) thats pretty consistant.

Even with a couple issues on the nitrous the car went 11.80 -11.84 and another driver not used to the nitrous car went a 12.1 in it (3 Nitrous passes).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts