1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
348 Posts
That looks just like the one Ford put on my 96 when it bew up. It's the one you want.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
that dont look like the one you need, it looks like the 99+ PI lower intake, the dr side (top side in pic) doesnt have the hole drilled for the second temp sensor that the tbirds have. In 99 they went to a single sensor that sent the signal to the eec then the eec sent the a signal to the gauge, on the old ones, one sensor for the gauge, and a second sensor to the eec.

id email the seller to find out what year car the intake came off of.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I have the same intake on my 97... use the lower part and bolt your upper intake stuff onto the new lower.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know what he is talking about.. where did you put the other sensor?

JD

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
That IS a PI intake. It will bolt up to your heads but the ports on your heads are very much different from the ones on that intake and it is a VERY bad idea. But, it's your car. Do what you want with it.:rolleyes:

Good luck
Darrin

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just received reply from the seller..

it is off of a 2003 GT..

i don't think it will work.. but cheap for anyone with PI heads..

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
jamesD said:
just received reply from the seller..

it is off of a 2003 GT..

i don't think it will work.. but cheap for anyone with PI heads..
His "Buy it now" price is $150. You can get a new knockoff '03 intake from KarKraft for $99 plus shipping, so unless you want a Ford part, it's not really a deal considering he won't let it go for less then $150.

·
Registered
443 Posts
yeah, I just got my new intake from www.karkraft.com yesterday. It was $109 plus s&h. It was a total of $123, but it was the intake and aluminum water x-over only.They are on sale right now, so if your interested, now is the time to buy.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
the KarKarft ones are also PI versions.

I picked up a slightly used NPI version for $75 about a month ago. they are out there, and cheap.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Does any one have a pic of that manifold with the new neck?. Is there an aftermarket all aluminum one?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Henry said:
Does any one have a pic of that manifold with the new neck?. Is there an aftermarket all aluminum one?
No, It's just the coolant passage.

this is one from KarKraft, a PI piece, but the NPI looks the same.

the parts for the NPI engine are:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts