TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new summit book today and started looking in there. Opened the cover and saw a Accel Kool Blue air filters. Here is what it states:

Filter particles as small as 28 microns. And its gauze sandwiched between layers of blue epoxy-coats steal wires. Says it is washable and reuseable. And it NEVER says anything about an OIL. I see that a panel for a thunderbird is only $36.

Who is going to be the first one to try one? Im thinking about it. Its only $36 and beats re oiling the K&N

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Ehhhh.. K&N has been around for a long time.. if there was something better, all the experts would be using it.. but for now, I'll stick with my K&N.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a new product. But what is interesting is that its a gauze filter that is washable and no oil. So the oil wont mess up you MAF. And its BLUE!!! haha

Why get a red K&N when you can get a blue filter?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Hey BlackTBird96, if you get one, are you going to sell your K&N?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Something's telling me that those "KOOOL Blues" use oil...

I'll call Mr. Gasket tomorrow and find out...

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
This is a new product. But what is interesting is that its a gauze filter that is washable and no oil. So the oil wont mess up you MAF. And its BLUE!!! haha

Why get a red K&N when you can get a blue filter?
If your MAF gets K&N oil on it, you put on too much. a properly applied coat of oil will be TOTALLY soaked up by the cotton.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i might sell my K&N cone if i get one.

And to respond to greenbirds comment, I have never had a problem yet. I have yet to clean mine and I only had it on the car for a month or so anyways. But from what others say, the oil messes with the MAF

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
How much would you sell you K&N for? I wouldn't mind getting one for my car...

·
Registered
230 Posts
You are right...

MagerThom said:
I'll call Mr. Gasket tomorrow and find out...
This is copied straight from the Summit Racing website...

"The last air filter you'll ever buy.

Accel Kool Blue air filters are designed to not only be the best filter you'll ever buy, but also the last. They're constructed from 100 percent surgical cotton gauze that's sandwiched between layers of blue epoxy-coated, galvanized steel wire mesh. The fabric is soaked in oil and stops dirt particles as small as 2.8 microns from entering your engine. Plus, this design enables the air to flow faster through the filter, increasing horsepower and torque. These filters are completely washable and will last the life of the car with proper maintenance."

Just thought you would be interested...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Gosh, I wish I did not spend the 40bucks on my K&n now! I could have used it for my heater core savings fund, I am saving cash now, so when my core blows, I can get it replaced.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Holley sells a filter that is like the K&N but they claim that their oil is "sensor friendly". Anyone ever try it? :confused:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: You are right...

NickFL said:

This is copied straight from the Summit Racing website...

"The last air filter you'll ever buy.

Accel Kool Blue air filters are designed to not only be the best filter you'll ever buy, but also the last. They're constructed from 100 percent surgical cotton gauze that's sandwiched between layers of blue epoxy-coated, galvanized steel wire mesh. The fabric is soaked in oil and stops dirt particles as small as 2.8 microns from entering your engine. Plus, this design enables the air to flow faster through the filter, increasing horsepower and torque. These filters are completely washable and will last the life of the car with proper maintenance."

Just thought you would be interested...
Well that sucks. In the catalog is didn't say anything about oil. But I started to think because it was a guaze filter that it had oil. But hey, Its BLUE!!! It would be better then all the red k&n filters

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
BlackTbird96....

"There is a picture of my car. Bought it on 11/14/02. This is the car after getting the rims put on. "

how could you have bought your car on novemebr 14th of this year? lol, just thought id let you know about the typo, oh, and your picture on your page isnt working. -greg

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha thats a good one. Yea I have a typo. It should be 11/14/01 as im sure you know. And My website sucks right now. I started it and never go to finishing it. I will one of these days

1 - 15 of 15 Posts