TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a bit of a big deal for me because I don't get a lot of time to work on the car. I finally replaced the 3 belts and changed the coolant, hoses, and thermostat.

It's a '90 with 130,000 miles with original belts and hoses. I bought it in Oct and had been meaning to get to it. They were cracked to he!!.

The guy at Lordco didn't have any stock temp thermostats, so he wanted to sell me a 180 deg unit telling me that it would make any difference in operating temp, my engine would just run as hot at it always does. :rolleyes: My engine already runs cool, so I declined and left and picked up a Motorcraft piece.

It took me 2.5 hours. Not bad?

·
Registered
132 Posts
That guy was partially right and partially wrong. In the warmer/hotter parts of the year it woudn't make a difference without changing the fan settings but in cooler/colder weather your car would definitely run much cooler with the 180 as opposed to the stock 197.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, to update, apparently the previous owner had either put in a 180 t-stat or it was a defective original unit.

The PN of the one that I pulled out is E9DE-8575-AA.
The PN of the one that went in is YF1Z-8575-BA.

It ran very cool in the summer and extremely cool in the winter. Now, with the OEM unit, it runs at normal temperature (below the N in NORM) and I actually get heat out of the heater.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts