TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was on the 12.198 pass; I didn't get video of the 12.179 pass. I wasn't too concerned with getting video last night, so I didn't run a camera in the car this time out.

And the timeslip, a 12.179 @ 113.04 MPH. That was just a little short of a new best MPH for the car, but a tenth quicker than this past spring. Had the track been hooking better (especially downtrack), I think it would have run a new best MPH as well.

Anyway, now it's time to slap the street tires back on and enjoy the car before the snow starts flying. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,452 Posts
Nice! Any plans down the road to try and get an 11 second pass?

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts
Congrats Rod. :thumbsup: You're getting closer.

Thanks guys! And absolutely, just not this year.
I'm gonna hold you to that, I'll be looking for that 11 second pass next year~!

You should come down and run with us at Fayetteville. Let Rob & Chung check you tune and dial that thing in right. You'd be running mid-11's in no time and have that 11 second pass before the end of the year! :D

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yeap with that setup u should be deep into the 11s

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Congrats Rod!

Run looks good. Need to really get to smacking on those 60 fts! Need to get them down in the 1.5's.

Keep whittling away on them.

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Nice !!! I've watched this vid like 10 times since you put it up... lol Your cougar is by far my favorite cougar on this site. You have done a great job with both looks and speed with that beast of yours. I wish I could see it in person... Maybe even a run a pull or two for fun. Hat's off to you sir :headbang:

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I've only glanced at the datalogs from Wednesday, but I believe that I've finally found the solution to a few long-standing issues that I've had with the tune. I wish I could get back over to the track one more time this year, but that just isn't in the cards. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

As far as the 60's go, I'll keep attempting to get the car into the 1.6's, but the converter is too tight to get near 1.5's.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Just turn the huffer up a little bit and the kennebell will come alive cause I'd imagine your know we're near that blowers efficency, ill bet there's tons left on the table, ill bet that blower isant even breaking a sweat, but once u turn her up I bet the 60 ft drops dramaticattly

Robert

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just turn the huffer up a little bit and the kennebell will come alive cause I'd imagine your know we're near that blowers efficency, ill bet there's tons left on the table, ill bet that blower isant even breaking a sweat, but once u turn her up I bet the 60 ft drops dramaticattly

Robert
I'm actually already running a 2:1 drive ratio. You've got to remember that it isn't intercooled. The meth injection certainly helps, but the ACT's are still pretty high as it is. I'm sure I could spin it a little faster to pick up a few more psi, but I'd much rather play it safe.

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts
Thanks guys. ...

As far as the 60's go, I'll keep attempting to get the car into the 1.6's, but the converter is too tight to get near 1.5's.
Time to trade that 10" converter in for a 9.5" and more stall.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Race cougar we need to discuss your meth cause it should do a decent job, how cool is it at the top end of track?

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Time to trade that 10" converter in for a 9.5" and more stall.
If the engine/trans ever need to come back out, I'll consider it then.

Race cougar we need to discuss your meth cause it should do a decent job, how cool is it at the top end of track?
On the 12.19 pass, ACT's were 154* at launch, peaked at 160* at 5K in first gear, then dropped over the rest of the pass to 138* at the traps. On the 12.17 pass, ACT's were 168* at launch, peaked at 180* right at the 1-2 shift, then dropped to 150* at the traps.

With no bypass valve, no intercooler, and spinning the blower at double the engine rpm, the thing puts out some heat. Back when I was only running 5 psi (without meth injection), ACT's would increase ~30* during a pass, often reaching 200+* by the time the car reached the traps. Now, I'm running twice as much boost and the ACT's are ~15-20* cooler at the traps than they are at launch.

I'm running a 625 ml/min nozzle. If the start and full on injection points are set any sooner then they currently are, it quenches the spark and bogs out. I think it could handle more meth/water above 6K rpm, so I may try adding another small nozzle and backing off the start and full on points a little in the future.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
What ratio mix are u running? U need a bypass button so u can spray it in the burn out box to keep it cool, u need to leave the line at 130 tops, that heat is killing you how much boost are u running with the svo cars they usually leave the line under 120 and never get much hotter, the KB makes some heat from the sound of it

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm running a 50/50 mix of meth/water. The system will kick in slightly in the burnout box with a little pedal modulation, but I was planning on adding a circuit to manually activate the system this winter. The only holdup there is that I need to research whether or not I need to use a diode to protect the controller when I'm applying voltage to the pump. I'm at 10 psi of boost.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea im not running a diode from what we could tell didn't see it being a problem

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just received word from Snow Performance today. Backfeeding 12V to the controller will damage the controller. I'll either use a pair of relays or a diode to protect the controller when I get around to wiring in a button.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Wow mine has worked fine for a few years but that's prolly another reason I use AIS and a dealer for them, but regardless it's getting the same thing accomplished

1 - 20 of 32 Posts