TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran a new personal best at the SC/XR7 Shootout this past weekend with my 93 SC (347 Turbo). With a little more traction, I'm confident I can get it into the 9s. Race weight is right around 4200#, and it pulled 726 rwhp on the dyno one day earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfB2q41BlIA&feature=youtu.be

David

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Still not faster than Jimmy Demmit jr. :D

JK!!! hats off to you Dave and your rocketship.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I wanna drive it... Lol. Nice run!

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,446 Posts
Dang! I bet that last 20th of a second is driving you crazy...

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Congrats Dave!

I see you are widdling it on down there. Cool weather is coming.

Good Luck. Now get a bar in the car!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
:beek::beek::beek::beek: :zbeer:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Holy hell batman!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang! I bet that last 20th of a second is driving you crazy...
Yeah it is driving me crazy. Rather than wait until next year, I'm trailering it down to Kentucky in a few weeks to race it again. Power is not the problem, I just need to get it off the line cleaner. On the pass in the video I think my 60ft was 1.63, and it needs to be in the 1.55s or better. Not spinning the tires and skating all over the track in 1st and 2nd would also be nice.

After reviewing some datalogs from the last time I raced it, I think I figured out what the problem is, and will be trying a few new things to improve the launch. Wish me luck, because I need all I can get. Oh yeah...here are a couple pictures I thought you guys might like.

David

·
Registered
875 Posts
Those front wheels are sooooooo close to comin off the tarmac. :)

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Have you thought about any changes to the suspension? The first bird in the 9s for real, thats a real feat with this much weight. I'm thinking doing less than 12.00 is my goal and its already too much money LOL. But if you want to play you have to pay.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Splattered said:
The first bird in the 9s for real,
Not to take anything away from David...Especially with a full interior..But..there are a couple Thunderbird's in the 9's already..

http://www.sc-shootout.com/Toplist.htm

Richard Rogers ----------------------- 9.7467 @138.56 Fastest N/A V8
Chris Lazzo ------------------------------ 9.9609 @141.56

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you thought about any changes to the suspension? The first bird in the 9s for real, thats a real feat with this much weight. I'm thinking doing less than 12.00 is my goal and its already too much money LOL. But if you want to play you have to pay.
I won't be the first, Chris Lazzo went 9.9 @ 141 at the 2010 Shootout and I wouldn't be suprised if Bruce has already been there.

I've thought about doing a bunch of stuff, but at this point I'm more interested in making the car be a better daily driver without giving up any power or ET on the track. Biggest challenge has been getting it to run cooler in the summer, and even though it's not overheating when temps get up into the mid 80s or higher it gradually climbs up to around 210 degrees. It doesn't seem to have a negative impact on power or anything, I just don't like it running that hot. If I could get it to stay below 195 degrees I'd feel more comfortable driving extended distances in the summer.

I've already got the biggest radiator and cooling fans possible, but the 4" thick intercooler core blocks a lot of air, and the oversized transmission cooler is also dumping a lot of heat into the radiator. I'm planning to do some mods to the front bumper cover to increase the opening size and add a chin spoiler to get more air into the radiator. Might also switch to a Cobra R hood and add some heat extraxtor vents.

David

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,446 Posts
On that note, how does the car behave on the street?

Also... you can delete your own posts from edit -> delete. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Did you win the race vs. Siska in the video on youtube? That was a great run for both of you guys.

Oh nevermind I watched a little closer for the win light. Way to come around him on the big end!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On that note, how does the car behave on the street?

Also... you can delete your own posts from edit -> delete. :)
It drives great on the street, and feels pretty much like stock if you stay off the go fast pedal. For street use I use 93 octane pump gas and methanol injection and can run as much as 17 pounds safely, but I keep it set at around 15 psi, because that's plenty to spin the street tires at highway speeds.

Thanks for the info about deleting post, I didn't know you could do that.

David

1 - 20 of 30 Posts