TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New best ET for the XR7

A few of us St. Louis guys went over to Gateway last night for the last test n tune session. My goal for the night was to beat my previous best of a [email protected] MPH (set at the 2009 SC/XR7 Shootout).

I ran 17 psi in the slicks and set the shift points to 6500 rpm for the first pass, which netted a [email protected] MPH with a 1.818 60'. I dropped the air pressure in the slicks down to 16 psi and lowered the TC lockup point in second gear by 1.5 MPH. Everything else was left alone for the second (and last) pass. I was pleasantly suprised by a two-tenths drop and one MPH gain just from those two changes, putting a [email protected] MPH on the board. The 60' dropped to 1.781 on that pass. The DA hovered around 1000' all night, with the actual corrected ET's being [email protected] MPH and [email protected] MPH.

I'm still working out the bugs. I need to go to a larger methanol nozzle, as the ACT's are still hitting 215-220 by the time I'm in third, causing the tune to pull a ton of timing and not making the power it should in the second eighth. I also need to have the opportunity to run more than just two passes per outing. I know I can drop the ET more with a few tweaks to the tune, but I need to be able to make more than two passes in a row to see if I'm changing things in the right direction.

Anyway, I'm still pleased. Here's a vid:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/racecougar/90 XR7/Gateway/10-26-10/?action=view&current=1248411036MPHPass.mp4

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Congrats on the new best.

Stay after it. It'll all come together.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Rod,

Congrats on the big improvment over last years numbers.

David

PS: Did your sister get any video of my car ?

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody. I have plans that should up the power level a bit over the winter. I just hope Gateway opens back up next year.

PS: Did your sister get any video of my car ?
I have video of your 10.88 pass, but she didn't get the 10.28 (she was back at the pits when you ran that one).

·
Super Moderator
12,401 Posts
Congratulations Rod! :thumbsup:

I knew you could get more out of that car.

I've been very busy with work or I would have sent my congrats along sooner...

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks peeps. :) The plan is to hop up to a 625 ml/min nozzle to try to cure the high ACT's so that the car doesn't fall on its face in the second eighth mile, and to swap out the stock 96-98 Cobra throttle body for a Accufab big oval. As it is now, boost is dropping off 1 psi per 1K rpm above 5000 rpm. Considering that I'm between 4800 - 6800 rpm all the way down the track, swapping the throttle body should have a pretty decent effect on E.T.'s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts