TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Best [email protected]

Like David Neibert, I ran a new best last weekend at Mountain Park Dragway in Clay City, KY.

11.521 @ 116.748

See the link for the timeslip. I'm in the right lane. I was racing a Nissan 350Z with bigs and littles. If you notice, I had him by 2 tenths at the 330, then he had me by 2 tenths at the 1/8. He also slowed way down after that because his rear tire actually went flat while he was in front of me. In the split-second I had to decide what to do, I chose to stay in it and get around him. The thought was at speed the centrifugal force would let his flat tire keep its shape; when he slowed I thought the car might turn right. Right or wrong, if I would not have stayed in it, I would have a new personal best. Conditions of the run were a DA of 450', 61.2 °F, 29.1 %RH and pressure of 30.29 in HG. Later in the day, the DA got as low as 90'.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David.

I guess mid-11's aren't what they used to be :rolleyes:

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Congrats Kurt

Track conditions and weather mean a lot.

Its always great to get them to their potential this time of year. Thats what its all about.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Track conditions and weather mean a lot.

Its always great to get them to their potential this time of year. Thats what its all about.
I have had better track conditions, better air and better 60' times, but for whatever reason, everything came together this time. I was really hoping I could back it up or even better it as the day got cooler, but no such luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts