TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Mason-Dixon Saturday... along with a few other MAMN12 guys. As the night went on, and the temps came down to the high 60s the car was running real nice.
Here's the best time:

60' 2.298
330' 6.426
1/8 9.830
MPH 72.01
1000' 12.784
1/4 15.278
MPH 90.60

Regular (hard) street tires, no slicks. My usual 3.73s/PI intake/dynomax cat-back/jmod. I have to say it would probably have run slightly better if it wasnt hitting the speed limiter a few feet before the end of the track, the car needs a chip badly at this point. Now I know what to save for next! lol.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
For the mods, those a great times! I was impressed!!!!!

Keep up the work!!!!:)

BTW, thats enough of those .500 lights on me too pal!!!!!:D

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahaha, yeah I didn't even remember to write that... I didn't even care about the run, I knew the car was heat soaked, but the .500 made my day even better! :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
WTG Tom. I was waiting for you to hit the track to see what that thing would run with your mods. Were you spinning much off the line? Those Pirellis weren't the best tires for traction. I'm currently running the Falken 512's and they hook like crazy on the boat. Better tires and a chip and you'll be seeing 14's for sure. Good job!!
I was at Etown Sunday watching the Supernationals. Air was good but too much sun so the track temps were high. Top fuelers were "only" running 4.6's at 316.:bowdown: Fastest prostock bike run ever at 7.012 and that was a Harley (Hines).

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve - The pirelli's were good enough on traction... I think it's possible to get the 14s on them, but when they eventually run out I'll buy something stickier (and maybe a 235 size). I'm still getting practice launching the car, there's still a bit of lag that I'm learning to compensate for on the line. Once I get it tuned, its going to be a tough call between headers or cams next... only time will tell. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts