Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I lost my '97 Bird. Some D___ A__ stole it from my drive way. Any way I certainly need another one, don't you think?

A few questions. . .

1) What year?

2) Pros and Cons on colors. (the last one was white).

3) any particular options I should look for?

4) any particular options I should shy away from?

Thank You :tongue:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Bigiron383 said:
OK I lost my '97 Bird. Some D___ A__ stole it from my drive way. Any way I certainly need another one, don't you think?

A few questions. . .

1) What year?

2) Pros and Cons on colors. (the last one was white).

3) any particular options I should look for?

4) any particular options I should shy away from?

Thank You :tongue:
I'd go with another 97 because it had cup holders! :D

Color is a personal choice IMHO. Black and red will show every blemish where lighter colors are more forgiving.

Options are a personal choice too but if you see one with the sport package, you get bigger brakes so that's one thing to look for.

I shied away from moonroofs when I bought my bird because I just don't care for them. Good luck on the search and I hope they find and castrate the SOB who stole your bird.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
96 had IMO cooler gaugues
definately get a sport package
I have the opposite opinion of WARPED, i love having a moonroof (although mine rattles now)
make sure it has a limited-slip
I think the pearl white or seafoam green are pretty neat colors

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I agree with Palmguy. The 96 had more "convenience" items plus the better instrument package. It is a lot easier to put the 97 cupholders in a 96 than to put all the nice 96 stuff in a 97! As for color, its all a matter of taste. I personally LOVE red, black, or cobalt blue.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Palmguy said:
Black, red, or blue '96 Sport, as many options as you can find...moonroof, autodim, all that good crap!
:zwthstpd: Currently owning a white one, it drives me nuts seeing every little bit of dust or dirt. I'll be washing every second day. But you know how that is anyway. My Twilight Blue '92 was easier to keep looking good.

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
I'd take whatever is the best deal. I do like the gauges better in the 96. And I don't get why Ford eliminated the light at the bottom of the door panel.... Either year I would definitely get a Sport.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Last year for the auto-choke seat belts was 93(?) Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
try to get that trac lok...the only things mine is missing is the trac lok and moonroof

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Purely aesthetics(SP?). Whichever looks best to you. They both came off of the same assembly line.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yea, I guess there is that possibility. Hadn't thought of that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts