TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I still have the fox, but.....

I just picked up a 95 LX for the Wife :)

126K, Green, and just needs a couple of things to be right.

(Mirror glass on the drivers side, a LED panel for the drivers side, Door Pins/bushings)

Drives great, it runns strong, shifts fine. Has new tires too. The only thing that I am concerned about is that it smokes a bit from the tailpipes while free revving (Neutral) or after driving it at temp for a while (after stopping). Am I correct thati this lis likely the valve stem seals?

Thanks for any advice!

Kevin

·
Registered
335 Posts
Congrats, I have a 95 LX myself :D

I think it is the valve seals. I know the early 4.6's in the crown vics (started putting that engine in the vic in 1992) were notorious for valve seal leaks, but I'm not sure when they fixed that problem. I also know that my 95 LX shows the same problem, but there seems to be no loss in torque indicating overly worn rings (the other probable cause of blue engine smoke)

Good Luck!

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Congrats! Same car and color here too.

Yea, valve stem seals. Very common on these cars with 100K miles or more.

Just keep an eye on the oil level and add more as needed, I've been adding about a quart a month for years now. Still going after 200K miles - doesn't leak, runs strong, just burns oil. New motor next on the mod list here. The stock one will get me by until then.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I see alot of green ones for sale around here but I had a bad experience so no more green ones for me if its not a white v8 I dunno

but good luck with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts