TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is looking for a new car and asked me for some input. I already suggested an MN-12 (even showed her the thread with the cougar that hit the pole) and she said no Fords (I was crushed). I also suggested a camry, she said no to that too. She's always driven Chevys and Nissans. These were her "requirements":

Decent gas mileage
Small-Midsized car, nothing too big (she draives a maxima now)
decent on insurance
safe in the event of an accident
"cute" (whatever that could mean)
2000-2003 model year
I'm guessing that she'll want it to be fairly easy on the maintenance costs as well

I know finding one to meet all these criteria might be hit or miss. I'm just looking for some ideas to give her. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well, ya know what I say, If it ain't got blue, it ain't cool. If it's got rice, it ain't worth the price! Just Kidding!! If she wants a decent midsized chevy, have her take a look at the 2000-2002 Monte Carlo LS. If that's to sporty, look at the Malibu. The Monty LS is a nice 2 door coupe with a V6 and automatic. The Malibu is a 4 door sedan that would be closer to the Nissan style of car. ( God, that rice thing again ). Hope that helps!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Mazda Protege, 6 or 3....

hey, ford has a controlling interest in mazda... so she would have a ford and just not know it!

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Doesn't this
cougar_guy04 said:
Small-Midsized car, nothing too big (she draives a maxima now)
conflict with this
cougar_guy04 said:
safe in the event of an accident
?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
so she is describing a..............

2000-2003 MAXIMA!!!!

MG ;)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
if she doesnt like ford, likes chevy, wants a car with some balls.... and wants to be safe...

get a cobalt. Those things are pretty luxury too, take a look at the options you can get on it.

or if she is a nissan person (like myself) get a new Altima with the 3.5 V6. same engine as the 350Z and big... great crash ratings too.

personally, I would get a supercharged Cobalt though

MG

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Yeah, i actually like those Cobalts, pretty neat cars.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
I say cobalt .. I actually kinda like them. But, I am actaully thinking of buying a Chevy truck. :)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Stoltz13 said:
Mazda Protege, 6 or 3....

hey, ford has a controlling interest in mazda... so she would have a ford and just not know it!
As far as I know, Ford doesn't have a "controlling interest" in Mazda. Ford OWNS Mazda. Along with a number of other "foreign" car comanies.

And to keep the thread on track, I agree with the Monte Carlo idea. Or perhaps a Grand Prix which is pretty much the same thing with a different skin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts