TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im lookin for a new center section for my cougar. its a 97 with the 3.8 thats all stock. i busted the hell out of my gears and i need to replace them so im just gonna take out the hole thing, do u guys think that more work then necessary? or should i just buy new gears? hit me back.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Finding a whole center section is far easier than trying to swap the gears only. You might as well try to find an 8.8 while you are at it. It is a direct swap.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
hey guys im lookin for a new center section for my cougar. its a 97 with the 3.8 thats all stock. i busted the hell out of my gears and i need to replace them so im just gonna take out the hole thing, do u guys think that more work then necessary? or should i just buy new gears? hit me back.
I have an 8.8 open carrier with spiders.
$20.00 + shipping.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im kind new to the diff lauguage so what does that mean, open carrier. and how much would it be to ship it to 63012? its in missouri

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
open as it's not a track-Lok AKA posi.
This is only the inside of the differential without the ring gear.

UPS ground is $13.00

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do have the gears? thats what went out in mine, i need the how assembley.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
No.. sorry but post your axle code so people know what ratio you need.
most likely 3.27 or 3.08

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If you decide to buy the gears separately you will have to pay a shop to install them in your pumpkin. If you buy a whole pumpkin you can do it yourself in your driveway in a few hours.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i havnet took the time to look what ratio they were but its all stock and i might to go a junk yard and pull the whole assembley out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts