TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out, the idea would be to route the intake tube into the inside of the car. It's genious really, becuase then you would put the A/C on and that cold air would be more dense than the cold air on the outside of the car.

This is how you would do it on a Thunderbird:

the cougars would be slightly different:

Not quite sure if the Mark VIII could do this mod, it's a slightly different platform.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Check it out, the idea would be to route the intake tube into the inside of the car. It's genious really, becuase then you would put the A/C on and that cold air would be more dense than the cold air on the outside of the car.

This is how you would do it on a Thunderbird:

the cougars would be slightly different:

Not quite sure if the Mark VIII could do this mod, it's a slightly different platform.
lmao your crazy bro :crazy:
can you imagine the noise level of that?! lmao

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
there was a ltd with a 5ho with a custom sc m90 setup with the cone filter on the firewall they said from inside the car sounded like you were in a fighter jet

·
Registered
381 Posts
thats awesome. That bring a new meaning to cold air intake. lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well it being a joke it would be a good idea. But not so great at the same time.

Pros:
It would be the coldest air you could possibly get into your intake on an 80 to 100 degree day.
It would sound bad ass
You could always sell it on e-bay and say it makes upwards of 75 HP and people would buy it.

Cons:
Ive heard that the ac can pull upwards of 30 hp from your motor.
You have to cut a big hole in either your firewall or windshild. Judging by pic I say windshild.
It would be insanily ugly.
If you have a supercharger you may get sucked into it.
If your a smoker it may decrease hp.
If your a smoker you have to clean the intake tube more often because of the tar.

Ill come back if I think up some other things.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i would have it go straight from the ac tube to the intake manifold (with a filter still of course). And since its just a joke... it would work!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hook it straight up to the A/C vent, and put it on max A/C full blast. The A/C blower will act as an intercooled supercharger!
you could run 2 intakes lol make them switchable.. have one normal CAI for street driving and when you get the occasional ricer idiot just flip a switch on the dash and switch it over to the A/C powered CAI for that extra 20hp lol

·
Registered
740 Posts
Didn't Ford have a similar idea with the concept Lightning? A button that you push to reroute the a/c charge into the intake tract, thereby giving you a 20-40 hp boost? Hmmm....... :)

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Didn't Ford have a similar idea with the concept Lightning? A button that you push to reroute the a/c charge into the intake tract, thereby giving you a 20-40 hp boost? Hmmm....... :)
it dumped the ac charge into a intercooler like a liquid to air cooler

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
I hope you ain't serious about the concept lighting. Ford has done some stupid things but that would take the cake.
THis is true. If I can remember correctly you could only run it for like 15-20 mins though for the added benefit.

C.Hill

1 - 20 of 28 Posts