TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Yall,

I just got my cone filter, but it has a 3 inch openin. my intake end has a 4 inch. how do i make it fit? i thought about seein if i could find a piece of round rubber somewhere to make it work.

And also, should I make a heat shield or something? Just.. what do i need to do here?

thanks

madmax

·
Registered
607 Posts
Go to a hardware store, there will be a lot of rubber and PVC fittings there. Also it is a very good idea to make a heat shield.

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
well if you need to make it fit, you might as well just put it in the fender well. goto a store like hardware hank or lowe's and get a 3 inch rubber 90 degree plumbing elbow, they're about 12-18 dollars dependaing on where ya go. that will fit right on your MAF, then get a 3 inch rubber grommet and take off the outter metal piece and shove that baby into the other end of the elbow, then goto an exhaust place and ask for about 4 inches of 3inch aluminum exhaust pipe, clean it out, and stick it in the end of the elbow you put the grommet in, tighten it. and then put your filter on the end of the exhaust pipe. you will have a cold air intake and won't need a heat shield. plus you'll get better breathing for that intake. the exhaust pipe will probably cost you about 4-6 bucks. the grommet is 5 or so. and that SHOULD be all you'll need. and if your up for it, you can put more exhaust pipe where your OEM intake tube is right now. and a rubber 90 elbow to the Throttle body. the throttle body is only like 2 1/2 inches big and the elbow is like 4 so you need to cram like 2 grommets into that elbow, one will have to be cut to be a smaller size. Or I guess you could just buy a smaller one. and that will make it fit tight around the TB. And the other end of the elbow will need a 3 inch grommet crammed in it also to fit tightly around the exhaust pipe. the other end of the pipe will fit perfectly on the MAF with a 3 inch grommet. the intake costs about 80 bucks without the filter. or probably about 21-26 for just the down tube. Hope this helps. I also could just sell it to you for about 85-90 dollars plus shipping. That's w/o the filter that you already have. I have a diagram to tell you where all the pieces go and number them for easy reference. I pre-cut the grommets and crap and then fit it to my car and then number them so you know it fits.
-Thomas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts