TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got new tires on the T-Bird this weekend and i really like them. Cooper Cobra 235/60/15 on my stock wheels. All 4 mounted and balanced for 500. Debated on changing wheels but after mounting these tires on here im glad i didnt. i really like a factory look without making it look like a ricer. Besides its a Ford not an import with 22's! Pretty happy with cornering and rain driving. They scream for you to push them and give it a bit of a muscle car look.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I have always liked the Cooper Cobra's in white letters.

Looks really good.

If you lower it that will make it look even better. IMHO

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought maybe just and inch. Although stock ride still looks pretty tough. Got a lot of compliments today at work! Gotta love a mean bird.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah me too. All my buds with old 60's muscle cars run these tires and I've always thought they looked sharp. Who says they can't make a 90's muscle car look good too!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Been running Cooper Cobras on My T'bird for years. Check my gallery. 235/60-15's out back, 215/60-15's up front (for that slight rake).

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think the Cooper Cobras work well, handle well and look good. But, they don't last long. 30,000 miles max. But I guess that's true of most "perfomance" tires. I've got Kelly Charger GTs on my Tbird now. I thought I give them a try and they were slightly cheaper than the Coopers.

I have the Coopers on my Ranger and they are down to the wear indicators at 22,000 miles. No unusual wear. They do stay soft meaning the rubber isn't hardened. I got them in 07.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
^^ This is no joke. We used to keep them in stock for Ford rangers that ran the rural mail route and man they didnt last long at all, but that is a severe duty situation. I used to run them on my crown vic when I was a teenager and wasted a set in a matter of months. I suppose that was severe duty too, lol.

The raised white letters do complete that sporty look. Its how you make a car without low-pro tires have a sportier appearance. I am going for the Cooper CS4 whenever I run out of used 17" tires in my shed ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts