TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATTN 94-95 people:

I struck a deal w/ the sister company to the one I work for. We build a cowl, out of aluminum, with a scoop.

It's going on my car this week, and I'll have pics by the following week.

It's hard to explain exactly, but, I'll give it a shot. If you take a look at your stock hood, there are three "accent lines" on it. Two coming in at each other at an angle and a straight line down the middle. This cowl follows the two lines coming in at an angle. At the back it's about 3" tall, and in the front there is a 1" air dam. I am plasma cutting my hood, to fit my PI stuff under there. If you have stock intakes, you don't have to do anything but put it on and paint it.

It really looks cool.

When I get the pics up, let me know if anyone is interested in one. I won't be trying to make money off of them. I'll sell them to you guys for my cost + shipping. I will know exactly what that is on Monday.

So keep your eyes peeled.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm interested, There arn't a lot of hood options for my 95 SC. This hood sounds pretty cool. Do you have any pictures yet of what It looks like? I was thinking about getting a Mach 1 Ram-Air hood Custom made.....but this hood sounds like it would be nicer. Thanks for any help you could give me.

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
hoods

Now if you guys could jus get that made for a 93. I am having a horrible time finding a hood that I really get struck by for a 93. That idea would sound great on a car like mine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm interested! My hood is pretty bent after hitting the windshield, so I've been looking for a replacement for some time. Any estimates as to how much it will cost? Waiting for those pics...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
attn:everyone

My car goes in the shop Monday for paint.

Hopefully I'll have pics up soon....

Not 100% on the price yet, but, it will be a kickass deal.

96-97 guys:

When I get the pics up, if the hood looks cool.....I would have to buy a junkyard hood of your style, to get measurements, body lines...etc. to look right. So it would be a little longer.

I'll keep you all posted.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I'm interested, although I'm still fond of the Cobra cowl myself. Maybe your hood will change my taste...

·
Registered
970 Posts
what kind of weight difference are you going to be looking at? (compared to the glass hoods)

i'm anxious for pictures myself.

-jw

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll see what I can do to change your taste...lol

They will definitely be cheaper than the cobra glass hoods. I, for one, wouldn't do that to you guys....lol

But, shipping will still be a beast, unfortunately...Just b/c of the size.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
So is the entire hood going to be made of glass or aluminum? If its aluminum, how do you propose it to be cheaper than a glass cobra cowl?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It'll be cheaper b/c I can buy aluminum for next to nothing.....And I'm not a company trying to make money, so I won't mark it up off the charts.

They are fast, and easy to make.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Ahh, I thought it was a bolt on and paint hood. I see now...

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
I'd be interested in getting one for my '96 once you have one available. Would need a price estimate first, and of course a picture.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts