TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
sick tires dude. what is chapmanized? where do you race? autox or roadcoarse? i know youve heard it before, but especially with some badassed tires like that, why so high? class restriction?

-John

·
Super Moderator
7,618 Posts
Looks interesting. Got any pics from the other side, and from the driver's seat?

Oh, and by the way, I want your wheels.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
yeah, looks like you are heading in the right direction with weight removal....got any more pics of the dash?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sick tires dude. what is chapmanized? where do you race? autox or roadcoarse? i know youve heard it before, but especially with some badassed tires like that, why so high? class restriction?

-John
I'm pretty sure it's sitting that high because I just took it down off the jack. It also sits a bit high on the Eibachs because it's lost so much weight.

On grid at Putnam park:

Chapmanized:cool:
His basic philosophy was to apply a one question survey to everything designed: Does it make the car faster?
Yes = Put it on the car
No = You're fired.

·
Registered
917 Posts
post action pics! i have always liked this car it screams FUN!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
That car looks like some SERIOUS BUSINESS

for sheer weight purposes the cougar is marginally lighter than the bird...

Your weight reduction skillz are impressive-- but can you lose more weight than Shane Glynn's car did?

In any case, I wholeheartedly support what you're doing.

Best,
Ghost

·
Registered
917 Posts
why are the cougars lighter than the birds? i'd think the larger roof and bigger trunk would add more weight.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
why are the cougars lighter than the birds? i'd think the larger roof and bigger trunk would add more weight.
I believe it has something to do with the shallower rear window. The Cougar is JUST SLIGHTLY lighter than the bird. If only by a few pounds.

Somebody has the figures on that, but I stand by my claim and I know I'm right.

1989 XR7 3744 (Automatic)
1989 SC 3752 (Automatic)

1995 XR7 3533 (V6 model)
1995 Tbird 3536 (V6 model)

So, the Cougar is just MARGINALLY lighter.
Though I question the cougar's CoD relative to the bird...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glass is heavier than the thins steel used in body construction, so the cougars inch them out just a bit. I can't say if it's enough to offset the drag of the notch-back shape.

Your weight reduction skillz are impressive-- but can you lose more weight than Shane Glynn's car did?
I'd like the put the two cars on a scale together. I was around for the previous owners build of the car, he cut a lot out, yet put a lot back in in other ways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts