TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scott swapped the 2.8" pulley and a(nother) new belt on GB, and Aric tuned her up. At around 17psi boost on the gauge she pulled:

Scott said there are no issues to address (except traction), so we're good to go up to Commerce on Saturday for SSHS7. No one had a camcorder, so there's no video, but we'll have one up in Commerce, and she'll be back to the rollers someday for a money shot, and I'm pretty sure Aric's gonna tape her doing some parking lot burnouts and donuts and post them up on his site. He likes to smoke other folks' tires...

My thanks and lots of kudos to Scott, Aric and the rest of the gang at Injected, Jim O'Neill, The Man, and a whole bunch of other car-guys.

-mike

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Great job Mike!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it out there. Check out my post in the picture forum to see what I was up to today.

I'll try and kieep some time open next week

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Dude, totally awesome to see that this project is finally done. Can't wait to see what it does at the track!

Pete

·
Registered
974 Posts
Aweasome... Plans for the Vette? hahaha

Seriously, congratulations on the project, and i'm really looking forward to how well this thing goes at the track. Good luck!

·
Registered
663 Posts
And she's not a race car. Still in full street comfy mode. Great job. Glad to hear she's complete.
I'd love to take a ride in that Banshee. You'll need plastic seat covers.

·
Registered
367 Posts
nice

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
:confused:

546 RWHP, and 512 torque....on 17 PSI?

Strange numbers. I made 580 wheel horse and 475 torque on 12 PSI Pump 93 octane, 16* timing. No intercooler, just water/alc injection. granted thats a 15% drivetrain loss through a 5-speed, versus a 18-20% for an auto. but thats still 660 Crank HP in my case and....645 crank with your combo.

Just wondering...

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:confused:

546 RWHP, and 512 torque....on 17 PSI?

Strange numbers. I made 580 wheel horse and 475 torque on 12 PSI Pump 93 octane, 16* timing. No intercooler, just water/alc injection. granted thats a 15% drivetrain loss through a 5-speed, versus a 18-20% for an auto. but thats still 660 Crank HP in my case and....645 crank with your combo.

Just wondering...
Well, someone's numbers are "strange."

I gotta assume your's was done on a Dynojet, not a Mustang dyno, or you wouldn't even post the comparison. But even still, comparing different dynos on different days is like apples to oranges. I also know there is considerable debate, even amongst the Ford engineers I know, regarding the actual drive train loss comparison between the stick and automatic. Your TQ numbers seem a little small to me compared to your HP. Such a huge difference leads me to think, maybe there's something going on with the two dynos.. I dunno.

The other thing you failed to factor in regarding total crank HP, is that the more boost, the more compressed the air is, and the more HP it takes to turn the blower. I'm losing 40hp at the crank/wheels just turning the T-Trim. Your's could be more or less or the same - The T is more efficient than the S, but I'm pushing 5 more psi.

I'm not sure if your 580 was just a base tune to get the car on the street and work the kinks out, like mine was, or was a money shot. Was your engine broken in, or brand new? My HP will go up considerably after the engine has some hours on it, right now it's pretty tight.

Also, the car was dynoed with the same exhaust system I used for the N/A setup - 3" Kooks collectors into a 2.5" non-mandrel bent true duals system with a crummy X pipe. At the first turn from the collectors on both sides, the pipe is kinked down to maybe 1 7/8" , and at other turns, it's maybe 2". I'm sure that system is a cork to some degree.

By the time we get all the bugs out of her, and take her back to the dyno for the final tune, she will be sporting a new mandrel bent exhaust system, and the engine will have a few more hours, and that should help a bit.

But, assuming there really is a 34hp difference between us at the wheels, we musta done something right .... she crosses the finish line .3 of a second before your's does. Of course comparing different tracks on different days is like comparing different dynos. I know the Commerce track is considered to be a very slow track, I don't know where you ran the 11.6.

-mike

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
wow, people with v6's make that much at the same psi :)
-Thomas

·
Registered
518 Posts
can't wait to see the video mike!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
well my expeirence has always been the car with higher hp always has hiher mph in the 1/4mile so id assume with goldbirds numbers your mph should be much higher, i mean my car is close to 115 mph in the 1/4 dyno pull in the summer showed 355 rwhp so i dunno the numbers are weird but heck i dunno

Robert

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I know that the current V6 SC HP leader Anthony of the NJTaCC is only pushing 406.5 HP with his V6 SC. Not even close!!! :D

Goldbird is one cool ride! :cool:

Thats because youre talking about a ROOTS blower. Wow, I really expected better from you J.

Plenty of people are running 400-450rwhp on centri's or turbo's. A handful of them are on STOCK shortblocks. But there are also several people hitting 530-550rwhp on 15-17psi.

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Fastest SC So far is Jim Demmit Jr's bird. He broke into the 9 sec range earlier in the month. He's not running Nitrous, or Alcohol. It's all motor and blower. He's still running an Eaton style blower and still using the V6 engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts