TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car up to SGS Performance today in PA to have them work the car over for me. Dave Guy is the tuner there...very nice and knowledgeable guy and seems to be genuinely concerned with doing a good job on their work.

We started off the day with a baseline dyno pull of the "tune" I got from Adrenaline Auto a few summers back. Through the run, the A/F ratio was all over the place...bouncing around anywhere from 16:1 down to 11:1. This pull resulted in 266 hp and 255 lb/ft.

First he wanted to work with the torque conveter lockup issues I was having, which soon was realized to be that since the speedo is so far off (need a correct speedo gear or speedcal), that was throwing off the converter lockup and made doing the shift points a real pain. He finally gave up on this and we discussed what I needed to get done for it to be better. Details to follow this week...

Then he worked on getting the car to actually idle (instead of stalling constantly), setting the A/F ratios, and adjusting shift points. After a handful of dyno pulls, he got it dialed in as best as he could. Results were 283 hp and 295 lb/ft.

After taking the car for a short test drive, it feels SO much better all around. It feels smoother throughout the power band now, it shifts faster, sounds better, and just all around more peppy. It's very nice to have a car that doesn't require 5 seconds of cranking to start it, then 2 or 3 tries to get it to stay running in gear.

Chart of the best pull...

Overall, very happy with the car now, and even more excited to get the smaller issue with the speedo gear worked out. I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone.

Stay tuned for a new best ET this coming weekend...

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'm going to be working with the speedo gear this week to see if that'll help it stay locked. I'd like to know how much higher it'd have pulled if it would've stayed locked.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Hopefully we are going to find out! Give me a shout when you want to pick that up.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Order a speed cal they work great

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will eventually, probably over the winter during the rest of the work I'll be doing. But for this week we'll be trying a temporary fix to hopefully at least make a full pass at the track. Fall SSOTN rental is at Cecil this weekend and I'm hoping to go down to mid-12's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts