Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks nice & sounds pretty good!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice sound. Good looking install too. Did you consider Magnaflow's resonator?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
That sounds great.What did that run you?

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
did you port the exhaust manifolds? I love your setup it looks totally pro and that bumper cover matches perfectly what kind is that? I love to do that but I need cats though and I rather do the mid mount muff but it looks like you spared little expense.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Interesting rear bumper... Sounds really good though, very muscular sounding.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice sound. Good looking install too. Did you consider Magnaflow's resonator?
The guy that did it said that we would do it this way at first, and then if I thought it was too loud he could go back and add resonators.

95xbird,
I actually thought it was a fair price at only $440 parts and labor. He originally quoted me $860 if I wanted high flow cats, I didn't realize how expensive high flow cats were, so we just decided to leave them off :D

Splattered,
Unfortunately they are still the factory manifolds. He had to use a small coupling that went from the 2.25 to 2.5" pipe to accommodate the manifolds. The ground effects are the Razzi kit. I have it on the entire car.

The sound is a little "raspy" at WOT, but I am getting use to it and think I will leave it as is without resonators. Thanks for the compliments. If anyone is in/near the Upstate of South Carolina and wants their exhaust done I would definitely recommend this shop. If you notice int he pics they welded "TMS" into the pipe. That is the initials of the shop, Troy's Muffler Shop. They are proud enough of their work to put their name on it.

Kevin M

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Ill say they should be proud, it doesnt get much sharper than that. With the Razzi kit it totally comes together like PB n J.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
HOLY CRAP! THAT'S LOUD LOL

sounds good tho ;)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
what are those letters on the pipe? the guy "tag" your exhaust when he did it? lol

sounds good tho

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
not bad, consider some real band clamps over those crush clamps though.... just my $0.02

·
Registered
917 Posts
Kevin please pm me or post the # of the shop. I need to get my ugly tips relocated and im also seriously considering getting rid of the whole mid-mount magnaflow setup i have currently and getting a couple of bassani's or SLP loudmouth rear mounted... except i have to have cats! :mad:

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,660 Posts
Kevin please pm me or post the # of the shop. I need to get my ugly tips relocated and I'm also seriously considering getting rid of the whole mid-mount magnaflow setup i have currently and getting a couple of bassani's or SLP loudmouth rear mounted... except i have to have cats! :mad:

Thanks!
HERE is the shop's website.

I'll be getting mine done there too. :D Thanks for the great reference Kevin. Who do I ask for so I can work with the same guy that you did.

I'll be going with the resonator. That's just to loud for me.

·
Registered
917 Posts
sweet! i gotta do something about mine terribly! thats a drive for you tho bro!

·
Registered
367 Posts
is that all stainless or aluminized

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The guy that actually handled mine was Troy (I assume this is the owner since it is Troy's Muffler Shop). All the piping is aluminized pipe. I forgot to even ask that before he did it, but when I picked it up and asked he said that is what they use for most of the custom jobs. It took them about 3 hours on a Saturday to get it done. If any of you head down here to get it done and do not want to wait at the shop I can come get you and you can hang out at my house or whatever while thy do the work as long as I am in town and do not have anything else going on.

Kevin M

·
Super Moderator
12,660 Posts
Was $440 including the mufflers? And, did he give you a quote for doing it with a resonator?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts