TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the bird in the shop this evening.

Getting rid of the stock setup, with flowmaster super 40's.
Getting magnaflow high flow cats, midmount, and 3 " tips notched into the bumper.
All 2.5" piping.

I spent the weekend calling and driving to exhaust shops. Found only one which would run 2.5", duals all the way.

Hopefully it will be done by friday, can't wait, tired of drone with the current setup.

·
Registered
892 Posts

Getting magnaflow high flow cats, midmount, and 3 " tips notched into the bumper.
All 2.5" piping.

I spent the weekend calling and driving to exhaust shops. Found only one which would run 2.5", duals all the way.

Hopefully it will be done by friday, can't wait, tired of drone with the current setup.
I went to 20+ shops. Found 3. What size midmount are you going to run?

Brad

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
First shop I went to ran true dual 2.5" exactly like I wanted. I really like my setup - you hear it when cruising around town, but it's not bad at all on the highway. The RPM range that it drones is around 1300ish so I'm far from it on the highway. Interested to know what it sounds like with 3" tips though - I ran 2.5" pipe all the way to back and it's turned down for a stock look :)

-Melon

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

All 2.5" piping.

where are you located and what shop was it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im just north of charleston, and the shop is called TNT towing. Several people I know recommended them for custom exhaust setups.
He told me its gonna run about 200, and I supplied the muffler, tips, and cats.

Im running the 4x9

From what I have heard on the site, the setup sounds really good, and comparing it to what I have now, a little drone is tollerable. What I have drones pretty much from about 1400 up to 3500, and doesn't have much of a rumble at all, except at idle.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I got a similar setup and its droney but sounds delicious

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should be picking the car up tomorrow evening, if all goes well, can't wait to hear the new sound...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Should be picking the car up tomorrow evening, if all goes well, can't wait to hear the new sound...
You won't need your stereo for a month or two :rofl: !

Brad

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Im just north of charleston, and the shop is called TNT towing. Several people I know recommended them for custom exhaust setups.
He told me its gonna run about 200, and I supplied the muffler, tips, and cats.

Im running the 4x9

From what I have heard on the site, the setup sounds really good, and comparing it to what I have now, a little drone is tollerable. What I have drones pretty much from about 1400 up to 3500, and doesn't have much of a rumble at all, except at idle.

Thats not too far from me, I might have to check em out.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
you just gotta take a picture of someones 2.5 duals in and they will usually do it. The exhaust shop said it was impossible at first till i showed the pictures. $300 later wham...

·
Registered
962 Posts

All 2.5" piping.

Did you buy all of the stuff from the store or Ebay?
FM40's ebay price: $100 for the pair
magnaflow x2 : $50
getting it all installed......$150.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the car last weekend, and it sounds terrific. The guy ended up leaving the stock cats on, starting the 2.5" pipe behind them, into the 2.5" magnaflow di/do, back to the magnaflow 3" tips.
Bradone, you are right, haven't had the radio on at all since then, except when my girlfriend rode with me a couple times.
The shop did a fantastic job with the bends of the gas tank, tucked them up real nice, I'll try to get some pics this weekend.
I bought all the parts from ebay, got the tips and muffler for about 110, and the install cost me 150, so I've got about 260 in it total.
Sounds great, far better than the previous flowmaster setup, very little drone noticed, if any

·
Registered
892 Posts
Got the car last weekend, and it sounds terrific. The guy ended up leaving the stock cats on, starting the 2.5" pipe behind them, into the 2.5" magnaflow di/do, back to the magnaflow 3" tips.
Bradone, you are right, haven't had the radio on at all since then, except when my girlfriend rode with me a couple times.
The shop did a fantastic job with the bends of the gas tank, tucked them up real nice, I'll try to get some pics this weekend.
I bought all the parts from ebay, got the tips and muffler for about 110, and the install cost me 150, so I've got about 260 in it total.
Sounds great, far better than the previous flowmaster setup, very little drone noticed, if any

Man, what a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!

Brad

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, I would recommend the shop to anyone near charleston, it only took him about 2 hours to do it, once he got some other vehicles out of his shop.

Sounds great

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll hopefully have pics this weekend

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
you ran 2.5" duals off stock cats and manifolds?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts