TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
I haven't posted here in awhile. I'm usually on mustangforums since I bought my stang but the exhaust on my tbird crapped the bed so I had to make a new one with little to no money. I cut the rear of the exhaust off right under the diff because from there after was rotted. All we had at work for tubing was straight so I just notched for bends and then patched the gaps. Since it's center exit there was obviously no existing hangers so I had to make my own. This is where it gets ghetto. It's actually a single exit but I didn't want it to have just one tip so I welded the tips together. So one tip is just blowing in the wind, purely cosmetic. The tips are 2.75" SS but they're a little beat up because the exhaust I had on before actually fell off and was dragged several hundred feet before I could pullover and remove it. Just a few quick pictures I grabbed. And yes, it needs to be washed and buffed.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Nice way to reuse the tips and get the cheap exhaust done. If your rear sway bar was hollow I could see that cracking soon it has so much rust. Get a brush and some POR-15

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Nice way to reuse the tips and get the cheap exhaust done. If your rear sway bar was hollow I could see that cracking soon it has so much rust. Get a brush and some POR-15

gotta love the MA/NH weather and the wonders it does for our cars

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I need to go over the entire underneath with a wire brush and then POR-15 the living crap out of it before it gets any worse. The oil pan is half JB Weld but it seems to be holding up pretty well.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
it might look better if you notched the bumper and bumper foam and repositioned the tips up higher. the spare tire well will probably interfere with this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts